Tuesday, 19 March 2013 12:59
With less than 14 days before the campaign period for local candidates starts on March 29, Mayor Celso Lobregat said that he is the least prepared candidate for the upcoming May 13, 2013 elections.
“I think of all the candidates maybe I’m the least prepared because I also have to run the city. I concentrate on my work as mayor before thinking of the campaign,” Lobregat said in an interview yesterday.
He revealed that due to his busy schedule of running the city he still do not have his campaign materials ready.
At this time, most of the candidates are already busy preparing for election campaign including campaign materials, jingles, and advertisements.
Although the local campaign period starts on March 29, but since it is Good Friday, candidates may officially begin their campaign after the Holy Week.
Lobregat, who is serving his final and three term as mayor, is aspiring for the position of Congressman in District 1 under the Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino (LDP).
He said that they will bring the entire Senatorial slate of Team PNoy. “We are in a coalition with the Liberal Party. We just flew to manila to have a picture taking with Congresswoman Beng Climaco, Jomar Lobregat, Cesar Itturalde, and me with the president."
The mayor said that President Benigno Aquino III has asked all these candidates in their coalition to support the entire ticket.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 26/03/2013 14:07 - Two drug pushers arrested
- 26/03/2013 14:03 - Zamcelco collection outlets open on March 30
- 19/03/2013 13:02 - ERC sets the Universal Charge for NPC’s Stranded Contract Costs
- 19/03/2013 13:01 - Let’s get Zamboanga moving, Erbie rallies Rotarians
- 19/03/2013 13:00 - Recodo murder victim identified
- 19/03/2013 12:57 - Pagdilao calls to fight crimes in the country
- 18/03/2013 14:06 - DepEd chief asks school heads to work on school masterplan
- 11/03/2013 13:40 - Tugbungan residents confident on JDC
- 11/03/2013 13:36 - PRC invites public to join Summer Safety Institute
- 07/03/2013 13:25 - Nuno lauds creation of human milk bank