Tuesday, 19 March 2013 13:00
The police authorities yesterday identified the man who was shot to death last Saturday at the inner portion of Purok 3-B, Barangay Recodo, this city,
Ayala Police Station commander Sr. Inspector Edilberto Alvarez identified the victim as Marvic Mua y Tingcay, 23, married, a pedicab driver and a resident of Talungon, Barangay San Roque, this city.
Alvarez told Zamboanga Today that the victim’s wife, Ashley, as positively identified to police investigators the cadaver of her husband.
Alvarez added that the victim went to the said place together with a male companion on board a motorcycle, however, the latter remains missing as of press time.
Police are still investigating whether the motive of the incident was related to illegal drugs or a case of mistaken identity.
Police report showed that Mua was shot in the head with the bullet exiting in the face causing his instantaneous death.
A manhunt operation is still ongoing for the possible arrest of the suspect, Jimboy Asilin, of the same barangay who remains at large.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 01/04/2013 00:00 - Vendor hacked, hurt in Mampang
- 26/03/2013 14:07 - Two drug pushers arrested
- 26/03/2013 14:03 - Zamcelco collection outlets open on March 30
- 19/03/2013 13:02 - ERC sets the Universal Charge for NPC’s Stranded Contract Costs
- 19/03/2013 13:01 - Let’s get Zamboanga moving, Erbie rallies Rotarians
- 19/03/2013 12:59 - Lobregat: "I’m the least prepared candidate"
- 19/03/2013 12:57 - Pagdilao calls to fight crimes in the country
- 18/03/2013 14:06 - DepEd chief asks school heads to work on school masterplan
- 11/03/2013 13:40 - Tugbungan residents confident on JDC
- 11/03/2013 13:36 - PRC invites public to join Summer Safety Institute