Tuesday, 19 March 2013 13:01
City 2nd District Rep. Erbie A. Fabian called on Rotarians to be active partners in moving Zamboanga City forward in its drive to become the next commercial and industrial power house of Mindanao.
Speaking during the 65th anniversary of the Rotary Club of Zamboanga City, Rep. Fabian called on Rotarians, who are mostly captains of the major business establishments here to help the city by expanding their business holdings, invite investors to come and set shop to reinforce the drive of the city to become the industrial and business hub of Western Mindanao.
While we have achieved much in terms of preparing Zamboanga for the projected inflow of investments in the city, much has to be done still to convince others Zamboanga City is ready to become a major player in business and commerce.
We have lost grounds on some aspect which you can help us regain back, and we are prepared to sit down listen and consult you on what else needs to be done to achieve our goal.
But we need to move now, less we be overtaken by the others as most have already done, Fabian emphasized.
Apparently referring to such places as General Santos City, Iligan, Cagayan de Oro and to an extent Davao, the solon said Zamboanga City could have gotten there ahead of others if the city had a concrete plan of action in transforming it to become the center of commerce and trade.
It is not yet too late in the day and it can still be done, Fabian said but we must become partners in the government-private sector partnership program for development.
He expressed gratitude to the Rotarians for providing the venue and the setting the stage for cooperation citing Rotary’s contribution over the years to the city’s well-being.
Rotary has taught us well to become better individuals committed to the service of others.
The tenets of the Rotary movement will serve us well, in our future quests to bring our City to the next level, a better place for everyone to be, Cong. Fabian ended saying.
The night’s event theme was ‘Celebrating 65 years of service above self and beyond.
Rotary Club of Zamboanga City is under the stewardship of President Francis Sarau, with the night’s affair held at Centro Latino over at Paseo del Mar.
In attendance were top Rotary Officials headed by District Gov. Rafael L. Jocson, the presidents of the other Rotary Clubs of Zamboanga and Basilan and other invited guests.
Also present were City Mayor Celso Lobregat and Deputy Speaker and 1st District Rep. Beng Climaco-Salazar.
- 01/04/2013 00:00 - DENR CENRO West to bets: Don’t nail campaign materials on trees
- 01/04/2013 00:00 - Vendor hacked, hurt in Mampang
- 26/03/2013 14:07 - Two drug pushers arrested
- 26/03/2013 14:03 - Zamcelco collection outlets open on March 30
- 19/03/2013 13:02 - ERC sets the Universal Charge for NPC’s Stranded Contract Costs
- 19/03/2013 13:00 - Recodo murder victim identified
- 19/03/2013 12:59 - Lobregat: "I’m the least prepared candidate"
- 19/03/2013 12:57 - Pagdilao calls to fight crimes in the country
- 18/03/2013 14:06 - DepEd chief asks school heads to work on school masterplan
- 11/03/2013 13:40 - Tugbungan residents confident on JDC