Monday, 01 April 2013 00:00
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Community Environment and Natural Resources Officer-West (CENRO-West) has appealed to the candidates and their supporters not to post their campaign materials on trees as it may harm these trees.
“We are appealing to the candidates and supporters not to nail campaign materials on tress because this is a violation of PD 953 that is injuring trees and other vegetation,” CENRO-West Officer Ben M. Acana said.
Acana, who is a forester by profession, said that “the moment you injure the trees these will affect their growth and sometimes this will lead to other disease of the trees such as virus and fungus.”
Violation of PD 953 will incur the violator imprisonment of 1 year and 6 months and a fine of P1,000. Aside from these the office will also will also be creating a team to look into this nailing of campaign material on trees and the conduct of information education campaign.
Acana also warned that they will file criminal action against supporters and those responsible for nailing campaign material on trees and the office will remove any campaign material nailed on tress.
He made this reminder since some of these candidates and supporters for the national and local post are already posting their election materials now that the campaign of local candidates has already kicked off for the upcoming May 13, 2010 election.
The Commission on Election (Comelec) together with the police is in charged of removing those posters not place in the designated poster areas. Comelec also prohibits the posting of campaign materials on trees.
By R.G. Antonet Go
- 22/04/2013 14:09 - Vaño: Honest cops not rare breed in the PNP
- 17/04/2013 00:00 - Drug pusher arrested
- 17/04/2013 00:00 - Fetus found at Sinunuc shoreline
- 15/04/2013 14:56 - Man stabbed dead in Tumaga
- 06/04/2013 00:00 - Sheryn Regis new single “Sinungaling Mong Puso”
- 01/04/2013 00:00 - Vendor hacked, hurt in Mampang
- 26/03/2013 14:07 - Two drug pushers arrested
- 26/03/2013 14:03 - Zamcelco collection outlets open on March 30
- 19/03/2013 13:02 - ERC sets the Universal Charge for NPC’s Stranded Contract Costs
- 19/03/2013 13:01 - Let’s get Zamboanga moving, Erbie rallies Rotarians