Friday, 22 October 2010 12:46
It doesn’t matter if you’re friend, ally or foe.The Aquino administration will provide them fair treatment and due process to anyone facing charges.
Malacañang made this assurance in the wake of insinuations that fugitive Senator Panfilo Lacson will not have a hard time with his case since he is a friend of President Benigno S. Aquino III.
“Uulitin ko lang yung laging sinasabi ni Pangulong Aquino na ‘friend or foe’ we will ensure that he will get due process,” Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Undersecretary Abigail Dela Fuente-Valte said during a press briefing Wednesday.
Valte was referring to Lacson, who is still the subject of a manhunt of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
Lacson has been issued an arrest warrant by the Manila Regional Trial Court for his alleged involvement in the double murder of publicist Salvador “Bubby” Dacer and his driver, Emmanuel Corbito in November 2000.
Valte emphasized that the Palace does not see as a failure the efforts of law enforcement authorities to arrest and locate Lacson.
“As to whether or not lalabas po siya (Lacson) dahil iniisip niya na friendly itong administration, nasa kanya ang desisyon na yun but we wish to reiterate that whether it is Senator Lacson or somebody else, he will be treated fairly and accorded due process by the Aquino administration,” Valte said. (PCOO/PIA9-BST)
- 22/10/2010 12:51 - P-Noy rules out rice importation in super typhoon's aftermath
- 22/10/2010 12:51 - It’s final, Deles to remain as Peace Process Adviser - Palace
- 22/10/2010 12:50 - Shell countersuit will not deter gov’t from pursuing tax evaders – Palace
- 22/10/2010 12:49 - President Aquino orders early preparations for anticipated howler
- 22/10/2010 12:48 - IMT launches CPC to advance international humanitarian law
- 21/10/2010 11:59 - AboitizPower powers Daneco
- 21/10/2010 11:58 - WB more optimistic on RP economic growth
- 21/10/2010 11:57 - NATO official: Bin Laden living comfortably in Pakistan
- 21/10/2010 11:54 - RP to exceed 2010 GDP goal - NEDA
- 21/10/2010 11:52 - 150 Filipino youth unite for 8th National Youth Parliament