Wednesday, 17 April 2013 00:00
Police are investigating a human fetus that was found floating at the shoreline of Purok 2, Barangay Sinunuc, this city, the other day.
Sinunuc Police Station commander Sr. Inspector Arthur Alejandro said the discovered fetus was a girl about six months old still fresh believed to be newly aborted.
Alejandro said that a local resident identified as certain Darlena Napili Sali, of legal age, married, of the same place found the fetus wrapped in a white cloth at about 1 p.m. of Monday.
The personnel of the Women and Children’s Concern desk of the said police station went to the area and retrieved the fetus for custody.
“The fetus was believed to be newly aborted then dumped by unidentified person at the shoreline then probably carried to by the current of the sea to the said place,” Alejandro said.
The fetus was later brought to Villa Funeral Homes for proper disposition.
bvAlejandro added that further investigation is still ongoing to establish the identity of the fetus’s mother and its origin. (Eugene A. Lasprilla)
- 24/04/2013 14:35 - Zamboangueño band ‘Amistad’ making waves in Metro Manila By RG Antonet A. Go
- 22/04/2013 14:13 - Fabian not bothered by black propaganda
- 22/04/2013 14:11 - Jimenez hits mayor
- 22/04/2013 14:09 - Vaño: Honest cops not rare breed in the PNP
- 17/04/2013 00:00 - Drug pusher arrested
- 15/04/2013 14:56 - Man stabbed dead in Tumaga
- 06/04/2013 00:00 - Sheryn Regis new single “Sinungaling Mong Puso”
- 01/04/2013 00:00 - DENR CENRO West to bets: Don’t nail campaign materials on trees
- 01/04/2013 00:00 - Vendor hacked, hurt in Mampang
- 26/03/2013 14:07 - Two drug pushers arrested