Monday, 22 April 2013 14:11
District 1 re-electionist Councilor Cesar "Jawo" Jimenez Jr. yesterday expressed surprise why Mayor Celso Lobregat has been hitting him in their barangay rallies in District 1 when both of them are running for different positions.
“I am surprised with the time, efforts and resources Mr. Celso Lobregat is using in trying to discredit me, my honor, integrity and principles, when he is running for congressman and I am running for councilor,” Jimenez said.
In an interview, Jimenez challenged Lobregat for a debate “so that the people will come to know us more.”
Jimenez emphasized he is giving the mayor a favor if he will face him in the deliberations because after the debate he will be able to concentrate and focus in informing the public what his plans are assuming he will win the congressional seat in District 1.
According to Jimenez, ever since he has been supporting President Benigno Aquino’s programs including his father Atty. Cesar Jimenez and his uncle Atty. Fred Jimenez.
“The question is where was Celso at that time? It is evidently Mr. Celso is only supporting the president now that the campaign have started,” Jimenez stressed.
The councilor said he is always behind the president’s advocacy, public accountability and transparency in government while the mayor only supported him now.
Jimenez disclosed Lobregat’s attack against his person is quite amusing because the mayor does not talk about his plans and programs in congress.
Lobregat, in an interview over a television station, said for the past years Jimenez has been lambasting him and now that he is hitting him back and complaining.
“Na por cuantos anyos ya ele ta pega cumigo ara kay ta abla tamen yo el verdad ta rabia le. Cosa ele onion skin?” the mayor said.
By: Nonong santiago
- 25/04/2013 13:05 - Jalosjos sees favorable decision from Supreme Court
- 25/04/2013 13:02 - Zubiri urges government to institute long-term care for senior citizens
- 24/04/2013 14:38 - Man stabs friend in drinking bout By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 24/04/2013 14:35 - Zamboangueño band ‘Amistad’ making waves in Metro Manila By RG Antonet A. Go
- 22/04/2013 14:13 - Fabian not bothered by black propaganda
- 22/04/2013 14:09 - Vaño: Honest cops not rare breed in the PNP
- 17/04/2013 00:00 - Drug pusher arrested
- 17/04/2013 00:00 - Fetus found at Sinunuc shoreline
- 15/04/2013 14:56 - Man stabbed dead in Tumaga
- 06/04/2013 00:00 - Sheryn Regis new single “Sinungaling Mong Puso”