Wednesday, 24 April 2013 14:35
A truly Zamboangueño band “Amistad” is now making waves in Metro Manila together with their first single entitled “Kelan”. The band just had a successful concert in this City last March together with Coco Martin.
The group is bound by blood and amity, a proverbial breed of music is reborn in the form of Amistad, a band with humble beginnings but charged with proud aspirations.
The group desires to raise the Chavacano flag in Manila which brought cousins Maverick (vocalist), Justin Sebastian (guitarist), and bassist Reymond Concepcion to great heights when they were able to recruit distinguished brothers in music such as JC Sebastian, guitarist of Sinag and Stick Figgas, Pao Rosal who started pounding skins for Queso and continues to hammer them for Cosmic Love and Kapatid.
The Fates have brought them together but it is their passion for music that will definitely keep them intact.
Amistad was formed in December 2011, the group has gone a long way in such a short span of time. The group’s talent is what set things in motion and in their tireless effort to beget superior music, Amistad caught the eyes, ears, and trust of top ABS-CBN executives who signed them up immediately for Star Records as the pioneer rock band of the label.
The first digital album of the group was released in April 2012 with five carefully selected repertoires of OPM classics in the likes of: Pangako, Batugan (featuring renowned rapper Loonie), Ikaw ang Aking Mahal, Maging Sino Ka Man, and Pag-ibig where they brought to life timeless classical music.
Amistad has truly done a great deal to the music industry from good friends who create great music to a journey to the stars, this band is definitely fated to be born.
The group is also asking for support to vote for their music Kelan in myxph.com which is now at number 15.
- 25/04/2013 13:08 - Police hold lecture on proper radio communication
- 25/04/2013 13:07 - WMSU Architecture studes win painting contest
- 25/04/2013 13:05 - Jalosjos sees favorable decision from Supreme Court
- 25/04/2013 13:02 - Zubiri urges government to institute long-term care for senior citizens
- 24/04/2013 14:38 - Man stabs friend in drinking bout By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 22/04/2013 14:13 - Fabian not bothered by black propaganda
- 22/04/2013 14:11 - Jimenez hits mayor
- 22/04/2013 14:09 - Vaño: Honest cops not rare breed in the PNP
- 17/04/2013 00:00 - Drug pusher arrested
- 17/04/2013 00:00 - Fetus found at Sinunuc shoreline