Thursday, 25 April 2013 13:09
by Nonong santiago
At least 175 pairs of unmarried couples tied the knots yesterday in a mass wedding ceremony officiated by Isabela City Mayor Cherry Santos Akbar at the Querexeta Formation Center.
Since Akbar started serving her first term as chief executive, the mass wedding vows of unmarried pair from the 45 barangays of Isabela City has already been a tradition of her administration.
The mass wedding ceremony is also one of the highlights of the city’s celebration of the Cocowayan Festival.
Majority of the couples commended Akbar for leading the free matrimonial rites saying it is great to have a mayor that cares for her people especially during time of crisis when most of them are financially burdened by the economic recession.
The throng of couples need not worry about the papers and other marriage documents since the office of the mayor has already prepared everything including cash gifts and wedding cakes which were handed to each of the couple.
Many of the couples already have children and legalizing their vows will help legitimize their children especially when they will be enrolled in schools.
Before the wedding, the beauteous mayor advised them their respective roles to their children and to the family.
“You have to respect each other and make God as the center of your good relation so that he will always guide you in your daily endeavors,” Akbar said.
- 27/04/2013 12:54 - Bam Aquino bats for anti-corruption
- 27/04/2013 12:52 - Two-day Bridal Fair opens today
- 27/04/2013 12:49 - Ex-mayor in Lugus denies violating election rules
- 26/04/2013 13:10 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS.SYNDICATED, ENGLISH. 25 APRIL 2013
- 26/04/2013 13:07 - The Importance of PEACE in School, Home and in Community
- 25/04/2013 13:09 - Akbar officiates mass wedding
- 25/04/2013 13:08 - Prioritize basic social services - Mike Apostol
- 25/04/2013 13:08 - Police hold lecture on proper radio communication
- 25/04/2013 13:07 - WMSU Architecture studes win painting contest
- 25/04/2013 13:05 - Jalosjos sees favorable decision from Supreme Court