Thursday, 02 May 2013 15:09
The limelight and respect of the community which Mayor Celso Lobregat has been enjoying since becoming chief executive of Zamboanga City declined seriously, servant leader and District 1 UNA Conngressional candidate Monsi dela Cruz said yesterday.
“In the past, they have enjoyed the limelight and resppect of the community, but now it has come to pass. Whether they admit it or not, they are experiencing the lowest moment in their political carrier,” he said.
“I don’t envy the brunt of jokes, commentaries and issues against the two brothers running for public office subjected to several ridicules and attacks, whether true or false. Something that they themselves mastered in destroying the honor and name of their opponents, like the late Mayor Vitaliano Agan, using Henry De Leon; the cases filed against my compadre: Lepeng Wee whom they castigated mercillesly in the Halls of Congress and the clack propaganda hurled against me.”
According to Monsi, the stigma of the arrogance of power, selfishness and insensitivity to the needs of the people (blackouts, killings, kidnappings and unsolved crimes, taxes imposed despite very difficult times, billions deposited in the bank yet people poor, hungry and jobless, lack of discipline, direction and our garbage problems) and the city of Zamboanga has caught with them.
Monsi further stated that it has reached a point that no amount of explanation can satisfy the people’s cry for change.
“People are disgusted and tired of the Lobregats that not even their money, influence, political conncetions can save them, unless they are ready and brave to brazenly trample down on the people’s cry and desire for change,” said Monsi. “The tide has reached an irreversible point. This is indeed sad and tragic, with a lesson for everyone to learn that power, prestige, influence and position is not permanent.”
- 09/05/2013 13:28 - Fuerza City wide motorcade today
- 08/05/2013 13:19 - CEB offers P99 seats to Dubai
- 08/05/2013 13:12 - JMC Philippines stirs up SUV Market with the New Orion
- 02/05/2013 15:11 - Erbie Fuerza draws blue print for ending blackouts
- 02/05/2013 15:10 - Farmer hacked, wounded by neighbor in Tictapul
- 27/04/2013 12:54 - Bam Aquino bats for anti-corruption
- 27/04/2013 12:52 - Two-day Bridal Fair opens today
- 27/04/2013 12:49 - Ex-mayor in Lugus denies violating election rules
- 26/04/2013 13:10 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS.SYNDICATED, ENGLISH. 25 APRIL 2013
- 26/04/2013 13:07 - The Importance of PEACE in School, Home and in Community