Thursday, 23 May 2013 00:00
The Department of Science and Technology IX (DOST-IX) thru the Small Enterprise Technology and Upgrading Program (SETUP) recently approved a four hundred fifty thousand pesos (P450,000.00) worth project to benefit the Loloy’s Tinsmith and Electrical Shop in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay.
The firm has been in the metals and fabrication business for more than two decades and has already established its own market share and customers.
Among others, the firm is engaged in fabricating farm implements and other metal works.
With the provision of the technological interventions of the project, “Upgrading of Loloy’s Tinsmith and Electrical Shop,” DOST-IX seeks to impact the development of the firm, focusing primarily on assuring that the firm’s finished products are of paramount quality considering the use of latest equipment innovations available; expansion and accommodation of relatively efficient service that the existing shop provides; and on catching up with the soaring demand for iron and metal works in the municipality.
The provision of funding support from DOST-SETUP will improve the technical aspect of the firm in terms of system development through the acquisition of lathe machine, process improvement by initiating technical assistance on proper plant layouting, and manpower development with the conduct of skills training on lathe machine operation.
SETUP is a nationwide strategy to encourage and assist micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in implementing technological innovations and improvements in their operations to boost their productivity and competitiveness.
For more information, interested parties may visit or call DOST-Regional Office IX, Pettit Barracks, Zamboanga City with telephone numbers (062) 991-1024; the Provincial S&T Center (PSTC) in Upper Turno, Dipolog City, telephone numbers (065) 212-2244; Provincial S&T Center (PSTC) in Rizal Avenue, Pagadian City with telephone number (062) 925-1152; and the Provincial S&T Center (PSTC) at 2/F Faundo Bldg., National Highway, Poblacion, Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay with telephone numbers (062) 333-2793. You may also visit the DOST-IX website at www.region9.dost.gov.ph (DOST-IX Press Release).
- 01/06/2013 00:00 - An excerpt from the speech of ZCCIFI President Pedro Rufo Soliven at the NCC Forum on May 23, 2013
- 28/05/2013 00:00 - Pareja ready to work even without committee
- 28/05/2013 00:00 - “Tad-tad” cult member arrested on case of frustrated homicide
- 23/05/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS By Atty. Batas Mauricio
- 23/05/2013 00:00 - Harmony Village festival in Pitogo, Brgy. Sinunuc set on May 25-30
- 21/05/2013 13:24 - ADVOCACY MINDANOW
- 21/05/2013 13:22 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS may 21, 2013
- 21/05/2013 13:08 - Viable Option21
- 13/05/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS may 13, 2013
- 11/05/2013 00:00 - VIABLE OPTION