Tuesday, 28 May 2013 00:00
By: R.G. Antonet Go
District 1 Councilor-Elect, Josephine “Pin Pin” Pareja vowed to work even if she will not be given committee chairmanship at the Sangguniang Panlungsod (SP) just like other opposition councilors.
Pareja said in an interview, “When it comes to committees, I’m open whatever they think that is right for me I will accept. If I will not be given any committee, I will still accept. I will still work even without committee chairmanship.”
However, if she will be given the chance to choose, she said she wants to handle the committee on environment and urban poor.
In the present council, there are four known opposition councilors, Atty. Mel Sadain, Jawo Jimenez and Rudy Bayot from District 1 and Atty. Romel Agan in District 2. All of them were not given committee chairmanships since only councilors then allied with Mayor Celso Lobregat were allowed to be head of the different committees at the Sangguniang Panlungsod.
The different committees in the SP are Committee on Agriculture and Agrarian Relations, Committee on Anti-Drugs, Committee on Appointments, Committee on Appropriations, Committee on Awards, Committee on Cooperatives, Committee on Disaster and Relief Services, Committee on Education, Committee on Elderly and Disadvantaged Groups, Committee on Energy and Public Utilities, Committee on Ethics, Rules and Privilege, Committee on Franchise, Committee on Games and Amusements, Committee on Good Governance, Committee on Health and Sanitation, Committee on Human Rights, Committee on Labor and Industrial Relations, Committee on Urban Planning and Land Use, Committee on Markets and Slaughterhouse, Committee on Muslim and Cultural Community, Committee on Natural Resources and Environmental Protection, Committee on Ordinances and Resolutions, Committee on Peace and Order, Committee on Public Works, Committee on Rural Affairs (Barangay Affairs), Committee on Science and Technology, Committee on Social Works and Welfare, Committee on Youth and Sports Development, Committee on Tourism, Arts, Culture and Foreign Relations, Committee on Trade, Investment and Industry, Committee on Urban Poor and People’s Organization and NGO, Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Women, Children and Family Welfare and other special Committees. (R.G. A A. Go)
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - Man knifed by brod-in-law during drinking spree in Ayala
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - Salvage victim recovered in Sta. Catalina identified
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - Zareb and Zaresa in bowling clash
- 01/06/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS.SYNDICATED, ENGLISH. 31 MAY 2013
- 01/06/2013 00:00 - An excerpt from the speech of ZCCIFI President Pedro Rufo Soliven at the NCC Forum on May 23, 2013
- 28/05/2013 00:00 - “Tad-tad” cult member arrested on case of frustrated homicide
- 23/05/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS By Atty. Batas Mauricio
- 23/05/2013 00:00 - Harmony Village festival in Pitogo, Brgy. Sinunuc set on May 25-30
- 23/05/2013 00:00 - DOST-IX upgrades metal shop in Ipil
- 21/05/2013 13:24 - ADVOCACY MINDANOW