Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:00
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
A 47-year-old man was stabbed by his brother-in-law during a drinking spree at Zone 3 in Barangay Ayala, west coast of the city, over the weekend.
The victim was identified as Mario Francisco Macas, single, who sustained a stab wound in the left arm.
Police report said prior to the incident, the victim's brother-in-law identified as Rogelio Dela Cruz, of legal age, married, jobless, and the victim together with their friends were having a drinking spree at the former’s residence.
"After consuming glasses of liquor, the suspect and his wife allegedly engaged in a heated altercation wherein the victim approached the couple to pacify the conflict but the former got irked and stabbed Macas."
The suspect and friends fled after the incident. A police manhunt operation was conducted at their residence but yielded a negative result.
The wounded victim was taken to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) for treatment.
Probers said the victim while confined at the hospital expressed his intention to file charges against the suspect.
Meanwhile, another man was rushed to the hospital after sustaining hack wound inflicted by his neighbor in Purok 7, Barangay Sinunuc.
The victim was identified as Alexander Asidin y Llanes, 26, single, was hacked by a certain Antonio Jipulani y Uyao, of legal age, both residents of the said barangay.
The victim who sustained hack wounds on his head and upper shoulder was rushed to ZCMC for medical treatment.
A follow-up investigation conducted Sinunuc Police Station revealed that the victim was walking on his way home when hacked by the suspect, who escaped after the incident.
A manhunt operation was conducted by the police for the possible arrest of the suspect.
- 09/06/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS.SYNDICATED, ENGLISH AND FILIPINO. 08 JUNE 2013
- 06/06/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS By Atty. Batas Mauricio
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - Forensics for 2013 polls; DOH woes
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - PAZ’s Romance with Barangays
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - Satan – his abominable influence over creation
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - Salvage victim recovered in Sta. Catalina identified
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - Zareb and Zaresa in bowling clash
- 01/06/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS.SYNDICATED, ENGLISH. 31 MAY 2013
- 01/06/2013 00:00 - An excerpt from the speech of ZCCIFI President Pedro Rufo Soliven at the NCC Forum on May 23, 2013
- 28/05/2013 00:00 - Pareja ready to work even without committee