Tuesday, 26 October 2010 10:37
“You are opening opportunity na nuway kien otro ya mira” (you are opening opportunity that no one has even taken noticed of) stressed Councilor Gerky Valesco in appreciation to Zamboanga Adventure Tourism and Eco-Recreation Society’s (ZATERS) efforts of helping promote adventure tourism in the city.
“Nuhay kien na Zamboanga (no one in Zamboanga) is taking the lead man discover new areas (referring to adventure tourism spots). Good thing taki este grupo, hopefully ayuda canaton man pinpoint, man identify potential adventure tourism areas aki na Zamboanga” (nobody in Zamboanga is taking the lead in discovering new tourism spots. Good thing that ZATERS was organized. Hopefully, the group will help us pinpoint, identify potential adventure tourism areas here in Zamboanga). Valesco said during ZATERS second Management Team meeting held Oct. 19 at the session hall of the Sangguniang Panglungsod.
The Management Team met to iron final preparations for the upcoming Merloquet Falls activity.
Valesco assured ZATERS of his support to the cause of the group saying “you have my full support. Hopefully you could strengthen, expand and sustain your undertakings. I wish this organization full swing of success”
Valesco now sits as the honorary adviser of ZATERS.
Zamboanga Adventure Tourism and Eco-Recreation Society’s (ZATERS) is a multi-sectoral group composed of national government offices , PNP, LGU representatives, Red Cross-Zamboanga Chapter, local media, private individuals and entities and the youth, organized by the Philippine Information Agency (PIA) 9 in partnership with Department of Tourism 9 and SPELEO-Zamboanga.
The Group was organized on August 28, 2010 starting with some thirty participants/members. The group aims to:
• To contribute towards preservation of adventure tourism sites through environment friendly and minimum impact adventure tourism activities.
• To tone down negative impression about Zamboanga and ambitiously catapult Zamboanga City as a safe place to visit and live in
• To utilize adventure tourism activities as a strategy of increasing public awareness and appreciation on tourism
• To provide alternative income to host communities during conduct of adventure tourism activities
• To encourage adventure tourism activities as an alternate sports and exercise to promote the members’ well being.
To date, ZATERS has close to 60 members barely two months from its inception and is continuously growing in number. For interested adventure tourism enthusiasts you may visit ZATERS’ face book account- email@example.com
By: Jocelyn P. Alvarez (PIA 9 ZC)
- 28/10/2010 12:58 - No Filipino casualty in Sumatra quake, but 113 locals reported dead
- 28/10/2010 12:57 - 113 killed, 502 missing in tsunami in Indonesia
- 28/10/2010 12:55 - SC set to rule on Vizconde massacre case
- 27/10/2010 12:18 - DENR set to declare more mineral reservations
- 27/10/2010 12:17 - G-20 agrees to avoid competitive currency devaluations
- 22/10/2010 12:51 - P-Noy rules out rice importation in super typhoon's aftermath
- 22/10/2010 12:51 - It’s final, Deles to remain as Peace Process Adviser - Palace
- 22/10/2010 12:50 - Shell countersuit will not deter gov’t from pursuing tax evaders – Palace
- 22/10/2010 12:49 - President Aquino orders early preparations for anticipated howler
- 22/10/2010 12:48 - IMT launches CPC to advance international humanitarian law