Monday, 17 June 2013 16:29
Alarmed by the increase of dengue cases in Barangay Sangali, Councilor Vincent Paul Elago yesterday appealed to residents to always practice hygiene and keep their surroundings clean.
Elago, in Sangali last Saturday, was terrified over the alarming report that many children in Sitio Daap and Sangali proper have been afflicted with dengue.
“I think everybody should be concerned on how to eradicate the breeding grounds of dengue-carrying mosquitoes. The residents of the community cannot just blame the barangay officials for the increase of dengue in their barrio. They should also help clean their surroundings,” Elago said.
He said the report that several children have already been affected with dengue since last month in one barrio alone is already alarming.
Reports from residents disclosed at least eight children have already died in Sangali since last year making the community as one of the highest number of dengue cases in the city.
Sangali barangay chair Leopoldo Toribio had already ordered the conduct of continuing fumigation in all the puroks and sitios of the barangay in order to address the increase of dengue.
The barangay leader also appealed to the residents to clean their surroundings and not just blame officials for the disease.
By Nonong Santiago
- 19/06/2013 13:37 - DOST announces opening of Foreign PhD scholarship
- 19/06/2013 13:37 - NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 18/06/2013 16:09 - 7th TravelXchange attracts more participants
- 18/06/2013 16:08 - Police arrest drug pusher
- 17/06/2013 16:30 - DOH IX gears for preparedness plan vs pandemic influenza
- 10/06/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS.SYNDICATED, ENGLISH. 09 JUNE 2013
- 09/06/2013 00:00 - Greeting for june 09, 2013
- 09/06/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS.SYNDICATED, ENGLISH AND FILIPINO. 08 JUNE 2013
- 06/06/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS By Atty. Batas Mauricio
- 05/06/2013 00:00 - Forensics for 2013 polls; DOH woes