Thursday, 27 June 2013 00:00
Micro, Small, and medium entrepreneurs (MSMEs) will once again be receiving valuable assistance from the government to help them grow their businesses and become big players in the region’s economy thru the 2013 SME Roving Academy to be held region-wide from July 1-7.
Formerly known as SME Caravan, this year’s activity is still the same as the previous years with the sole intention of extending help to SMEs by way of technical and even financial support thru the convergence of all concerned government line agencies in the region, with the Department of Trade and Industry IX as the lead agency.
The activity also encourages everyone to venture into business to strengthen the region’s economy, provide added family income, and also address unemployment in this part of the country. Moreover, it will serve as a venue for existing SMEs to work hand in hand with the government to improve their products and look for potential local and international markets.
“If our SMEs grow more, we will have a stable regional economy and there will also be more job opportunities”, DTI IX Assistant Regional Director Sitti Amina Jain said during last SME Core Group meeting.
The SME Roving Academy will officially start in Dipolog City from July 1-2 with topics focusing on Business accounting and Marketing eco-tourism which include product packaging, destination events and promo materials preparation.
The group will then proceed to Pagadian City for the second leg on July 3-4 wherein participants will be trained on quality and productivity management in manufacturing, and internet/online marketing with fraud detection.
Next stop will be Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay Province where quality and productivity management in rubber and abaca production and processing will be tackled since Zamboanga Sibugay is the region’s rubber capital.
The Zamboanga City and Isabela City leg which was originally set on July 16-17 and 19 respectively, will be moved to September.
DTI is encouraging interested participants to register with the nearest DTI offices in their areas.
(ALT/MVC/PIA9-ZBST-by Michael Vincent D. Cajulao )
- 03/07/2013 15:15 - ZCWD, LGU inaugurate water system project in East Coast
- 02/07/2013 15:10 - WMSU heads training for Grade 8 teachers
- 02/07/2013 15:10 - AFP, JSOTF, DepEd, and USAID build new classrooms in Basilan
- 27/06/2013 00:00 - M Lhuillier celebrates Pinoy Independence Day in Singapore
- 27/06/2013 00:00 - Couple held-up, robbed in Zone IV
- 24/06/2013 15:50 - DOST IX will send 42,068 OL traps to public schools
- 19/06/2013 13:37 - DOST announces opening of Foreign PhD scholarship
- 19/06/2013 13:37 - NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 18/06/2013 16:09 - 7th TravelXchange attracts more participants
- 18/06/2013 16:08 - Police arrest drug pusher