Tuesday, 02 July 2013 15:10
As enunciated in the memorandum of agreement between Western Mindanao State University (WMSU) and the Department of Education Region (DepEd) IX, WMSU undertakes a mutual and collaborative partnership with the latter to implement the mass training of Grade 8 teachers of the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
WMSU was chosen as the Center of Training (COT) by the DepEd through the Teacher Education Council to conduct trainings for Grade 8 teacher. This initiative is in line with the K to 12 curriculum’s goal in delivering quality basic education in the Philippines.
The objective of the endeavor is inclined to make the participants competent to deliver training in Grade 8 specifically on the subjects Music, Arts, Physical Education & Health (MAPEH) and Araling Panlipunan (ARPAN).
The regional program consisted of five training days for 1, 178 Grade 8 teachers and was held in different batches starting from the 4th week of April up to the 4th week of May 2013 at the Dr. Juanito Bruno Gymnasium of the university.
(EKEENA O. LIM, WMSU PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE)
- 07/07/2013 00:00 - 81-yr-old man found dead inside house in Buenavista
- 06/07/2013 12:26 - Zambo Nat’l High School-West marks 27th Foundation Day
- 04/07/2013 14:03 - Police arrest ex-inmate engaged in extortion
- 03/07/2013 15:23 - AboitizPower coal plant's environmental plan gets national award
- 03/07/2013 15:15 - ZCWD, LGU inaugurate water system project in East Coast
- 02/07/2013 15:10 - AFP, JSOTF, DepEd, and USAID build new classrooms in Basilan
- 27/06/2013 00:00 - M Lhuillier celebrates Pinoy Independence Day in Singapore
- 27/06/2013 00:00 - Couple held-up, robbed in Zone IV
- 27/06/2013 00:00 - ZamPen SMEs get gov’t support thru SME Roving Academy
- 24/06/2013 15:50 - DOST IX will send 42,068 OL traps to public schools