Wednesday, 03 July 2013 15:15
ZCWD, in partnership with the Local Government Unit, inaugurated on Friday, June 28, 2013 the P19.5M water system project in Tictapul, a barangay located 84 kilometers from the city proper. The City purchased pipes for the project worth P5,432,482.00 which will be repaid by the water district in 25 years while the Water District plowed in P14,097,307.00 for the civil works and other project components.
Surface water from Sinoropan Spring in Tictapul and Kamalik Spring in Vitali have been tapped for this water system that will benefit Tictapul and Barangay Licomo. Once fully commissioned, the water system will serve 691 households or an estimated 3,455 individuals in Tictapul and 1,130 households or 5,650 individuals in Licomo. Implementation of the project started on March 4, 2013 and is expected to be completed by August 2013. A total of 17,364 linear meters of pipelines starting from Vitali-Tictapul Boundary to Barangay Licomo (3.96 km from Tictapul-Licomo Boundary) will be laid.
The pipelaying works coming the Sinoropan spring source is presently ongoing while water from Kamalik spring can already be utilized by the residents of Tictapul who would want to avail of the services of ZCWD.
Former Zamboanga City Mayor Celso Lobregat together with Vice Mayor Cesar Ituralde and Councilors BG Guingona and Charlie Mariano joined ZCWD Board and Management and Tictapul Punong Barangay Anastacio Cabayacruz and Barangay Council in the blessing and inauguration of the water system.
The ceremonial opening of the fire hydrant held in front of the barangay hall signaled the start of the service of ZCWD in Barangay Tictapul.
- 08/07/2013 15:39 - In the realm of patience & sacrifice
- 07/07/2013 00:00 - 81-yr-old man found dead inside house in Buenavista
- 06/07/2013 12:26 - Zambo Nat’l High School-West marks 27th Foundation Day
- 04/07/2013 14:03 - Police arrest ex-inmate engaged in extortion
- 03/07/2013 15:23 - AboitizPower coal plant's environmental plan gets national award
- 02/07/2013 15:10 - WMSU heads training for Grade 8 teachers
- 02/07/2013 15:10 - AFP, JSOTF, DepEd, and USAID build new classrooms in Basilan
- 27/06/2013 00:00 - M Lhuillier celebrates Pinoy Independence Day in Singapore
- 27/06/2013 00:00 - Couple held-up, robbed in Zone IV
- 27/06/2013 00:00 - ZamPen SMEs get gov’t support thru SME Roving Academy