Saturday, 06 July 2013 12:26
“In the year ’86 that was June 30 when we did come to occupy its hall to mark...”
This meaningful line from the song “ZNHS-West Hymn” Depicts the school’s history and humble beginning since its inception on June 30, 1986. Since then, the school has been at the forefront of quality education training and molding young students to become productive and effective citizens of the country. For 27 fruitful years, the school continues to deliver remarkable and outstanding achievements as attested by its prolific graduates who practice excellence jin their chosen careers.
Last June 28, as the school marked 27th Founding Day, a fitting program was held in the campus to commemorate the highlights of the school’s contribution to society. The Supreme Student Government organized a series of activities where students showcased their talents like in singing and in dancing. The Kalahi Dance Troupe, the premiere dance group of West, punctuated the activity with a crowd-pleasing dance act.
On that the same day, the school administration, faculty and staff gathered together for a gender development program and team-building sessions at The Grand Astoria Plaza, Zamboanga City. Dressed in their elegant semi-formal wear, the teachers romped through the aisle with confidence and smile. The objective of the program was to form a cohesive West team that stands united in pursuing the school’s educational ideologies.
“The 27th Foundation Day is a celebration of success. We want to continue the legacy of providing the best education for our students so that they are better prepared and ready to face their future. We also want our teacher to be one and united so that we can feasibly accomplish tsdhe school’s programs” That Henry A. Ong Chua, School Principal IV, stressed.
The theme of the celebration was “All for one, One for all”.
By Clarito Antonio, Faculty, ZNHS West
- 11/07/2013 14:59 - Electrician found dead inside Governor Camins Ave. shop
- 10/07/2013 16:19 - Elong gears for massive anti-crime crackdown
- 09/07/2013 14:02 - DMII Mujer Center holds free clinic
- 08/07/2013 15:39 - In the realm of patience & sacrifice
- 07/07/2013 00:00 - 81-yr-old man found dead inside house in Buenavista
- 04/07/2013 14:03 - Police arrest ex-inmate engaged in extortion
- 03/07/2013 15:23 - AboitizPower coal plant's environmental plan gets national award
- 03/07/2013 15:15 - ZCWD, LGU inaugurate water system project in East Coast
- 02/07/2013 15:10 - WMSU heads training for Grade 8 teachers
- 02/07/2013 15:10 - AFP, JSOTF, DepEd, and USAID build new classrooms in Basilan