Sunday, 07 July 2013 00:00
A body of an 81-year old old man was found inside his residence at Barangay Buenavista, this city, last Thursday.
The aged man was believed to have been beaten to death by unidentified assailant inside his residence.
He was identified as Bernardo Birao y Mendoza, 81, a farmer, and a resident of the same barangay.
Police investigation showed that the old man’s niece identified as Marlina Lukaylukay y Birao, also of the said place, discovered the cadaver at about 6 p.m., Thursday.
Ocular investigation conducted by Vitali Police Station personnel recovered from the crime scene a hammer with visible bloodstain believed to be the weapon used by the perpetrator.
Further report revealed that the victim, who was living alone by himself, was last seen by his Thursday morning.
The corpse of the victim was brought to Cripino Paragas Memorial Hospital for the post mortem examination and proper disposition.
A follow-up investigation was conducted to establish the identity of the suspect while the police investigators are eyeing robbery as the possible motive of the incident.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 23/07/2013 13:12 - DENR-IX observes 2013 National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation (NDPR) Week
- 11/07/2013 14:59 - Electrician found dead inside Governor Camins Ave. shop
- 10/07/2013 16:19 - Elong gears for massive anti-crime crackdown
- 09/07/2013 14:02 - DMII Mujer Center holds free clinic
- 08/07/2013 15:39 - In the realm of patience & sacrifice
- 06/07/2013 12:26 - Zambo Nat’l High School-West marks 27th Foundation Day
- 04/07/2013 14:03 - Police arrest ex-inmate engaged in extortion
- 03/07/2013 15:23 - AboitizPower coal plant's environmental plan gets national award
- 03/07/2013 15:15 - ZCWD, LGU inaugurate water system project in East Coast
- 02/07/2013 15:10 - WMSU heads training for Grade 8 teachers