Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:35
The Department of Agrarian Reform IX recently distributed individual Certificates of Land Ownership Award (CLOAs) to 989 agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs) at the Municipal Hall of Payao, Zamboanga Sibugay. The distribution of the individual CLOAs was funded by the Agrarian Reform Community Project 2 (ARCP2) under the component of Land Tenure Improvement, redocumentation of Collective CLOA. The distributed landholdings covering 1,489 hectares are located at the barangays of Binangonan, Calape, La Fortuna, Lumapanac, Nanan, Kulasian and Kima.
The CLOAs were handed over to the ARBs by the National Project Director of ARCP2, Director Herman Ongkiko, who was assisted by DAR IX Regional Director Julita Ragandang, Assistant Director Agnes Maata, Provincial Agrarian Reform Officer Rizzel Villanueva, and Mayor Carol Mendoza of Payao, Zamboanga Sibugay.
Director Ragandang, expressed her gratitude to the positive response of the local government unit of Payao under the leadership of Mayor Carol Mendoza as well as to the former municipal mayor, Geofel Mendoza. She challenged the ARBs to protect the lands awarded to them and make it productive to improve their quality of lives.
Director Ongkiko informed the residents of Payao that aside from the lands awarded to the ARBs, a package of projects was also provided to make the lands productive. Farm to market roads and communal irrigation system were under construction and rehabilitation. Agri-business development will be introduced like the cacao production wherein the ARBs will have a sure market for their produce. The Kennemer Foods International (KFI), the maker of M&M chocolates will be having a contract with the agrarian reform beneficiaries’ organizations (ARBOs) in the agrarian reform community to purchase the cacao products of the ARBs. The identified area for cacao production in the municipality of Payao is around 600 hectares. Initially, only 100 hectares will be utilized for the said project.
The Agrarian Reform Community Connectivity Economic Support Services (ARCCESS) proposed project named “Sustainable Rice-Duck Farming” with the provision of farm equipments will also be implemented in the barangays of Bulawan, Guiwan, Kulasian and La Fortuna. It has a total project cost of P22.2 million and will benefit 808 ARBs.
- 17/07/2013 00:00 - Construction group wins at 1st Despalo Dart tourney
- 17/07/2013 00:00 - VINODURIO a Zamboangueño-made white wine gets international gold award
- 23/07/2013 13:43 - Wealth Sharing annex is for people, for nation - GPH peace panel chief
- 23/07/2013 13:43 - Fisherman shot dead in Taluksangay
- 23/07/2013 13:39 - CENRO Guipos implements the Barangay Forest Program
- 23/07/2013 13:12 - DENR-IX observes 2013 National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation (NDPR) Week
- 11/07/2013 14:59 - Electrician found dead inside Governor Camins Ave. shop
- 10/07/2013 16:19 - Elong gears for massive anti-crime crackdown
- 09/07/2013 14:02 - DMII Mujer Center holds free clinic
- 08/07/2013 15:39 - In the realm of patience & sacrifice