Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:00
A government employee was shot to death while his wife was wounded after they were fired upon by two unidentified motorcycle riding-in-tandem assailants at Barangay Riverside, Isabela City, Basilan Province, the other day.
Isabela Police Station commander Police Superintendent Albert Larubis identified the fatality as Omar Hadjatul. His wounded wife was identified as Ambra Hadjatul, both of legal age, married, employed with Basilan Provincial Office assigned with the Accounting Division, and residents of the said province.
Larubis said the husband suffered fatal gunshot wounds while the wife sustained a bullet wound on her leg. Both were rushed to Infante Hospital for emergency medical treatment then transferred to a Zamboanga City hospital.
“Omar Hadjatul later died while the wife is still admitted in the hospital,” Larubis said.
Probers said at about 8:15 a.m. of Monday, the victims were on their way to work onboard their Honda XRM 125 when the two riding-in-tandem suspects shot them from behind with the use of a caliber .45 pistol.
The perpetrators hurriedly sped-off towards unknown direction after the incident.
Police recovered four spent shells of caliber .45 pistol at the crime scene.
Larubis told Zamboanga Today that they have already established the possible identities of the gunmen and a follow-up operation is being conducted by the police for their possible arrest.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 25/07/2013 15:46 - Police chief proposes two plates for motorcycles
- 19/07/2013 00:00 - DOST announces opening of Foreign PhD scholarship
- 19/07/2013 00:00 - NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 18/07/2013 00:00 - Police arrest drug pusher
- 18/07/2013 00:00 - 7th TravelXchange attracts more participants
- 17/07/2013 00:00 - Construction group wins at 1st Despalo Dart tourney
- 17/07/2013 00:00 - VINODURIO a Zamboangueño-made white wine gets international gold award
- 23/07/2013 13:43 - Wealth Sharing annex is for people, for nation - GPH peace panel chief
- 23/07/2013 13:43 - Fisherman shot dead in Taluksangay
- 23/07/2013 13:39 - CENRO Guipos implements the Barangay Forest Program