Friday, 19 July 2013 00:00
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) announced that the application for the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) RONPAKU (Dissertation PhD) Program for Japan Fiscal Year (JFY) 2014 is now open.
The RONPAKU (Dissertation, Ph.D.) Program aims to provide tutorial and financial support to promising researchers in Africa and Asia, which includes the Philippines, who wishes to obtain their Ph.D. degrees from Japanese universities through the submission of a dissertation without matriculating a doctoral course.
Eligible fields include humanities, social sciences and natural sciences. Grantees under the program (RONPAKU fellows) are required to conduct their dissertation research under a joint supervision of a Japanese advisor, who when deemed necessary, visits the Philippines to supervise the fellow’s research, together with their home advisors. RONPAKU fellows are allowed to visit Japan to conduct research under the supervision of a Japanese advisor and are expected to complete their Ph.D degrees within a maximum of three (3) years.
On eligibility criteria, prospective RONPAKU fellow must be a researcher, who has not obtained a Ph.D. degree from Japanese university; who wishes to obtain a Ph.D. degree from a Japanese university through submission of a dissertation; who has achieved substantial research results in his/her field; is employed full time in a university or research institution in the Philippines, or likely be appointed to such position in 01 April 2014; and is 45 years old or younger as of 01 April 2014.
Program guidelines, application forms 2 and 3 can be downloaded at http://www.dost.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1277. Applicants should submit copies of accomplished Forms 2 and 3, updated CV and letter of intent to DOST for evaluation and recommendation to JSPS. The original accomplished Forms 2 and 3 must be submitted by the RONPAKU applicant to his/her prospective Japanese advisor who will in turn submit it to JSPS in Japan.
The deadline for submission of documents to DOST is on 31 July 2013. Please be guided that different universities in Japan have their own scheduled deadline in accepting applications under the JSPS RONPAKU Program. The RONPAKU applicant should closely coordinate with his/her prospective Japanese advisor regarding the set deadline of his/her prospective university.
For more information on the JSPS RONPAKU Program, you may visit the JSPS website http://www.jsps.go.jp/english/index.html. For inquiries, you may contact the DOST-JSPS Secretariat at telephone number 838-8376 or 837-2071 loc. 2001 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 07/08/2013 15:06 - If Utility and Economy Is What You Really Need
- 03/08/2013 15:16 - ERC approves AS agreement between NGCP and 3 Aboitiz firms
- 03/08/2013 15:16 - Ford hikes stake in China's Jiangling Motors to 31.5%
- 03/08/2013 15:13 - JMC's new production site begins operation, manufacturer to bring new Ford SUV to China
- 25/07/2013 15:46 - Police chief proposes two plates for motorcycles
- 19/07/2013 00:00 - NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 18/07/2013 00:00 - Police arrest drug pusher
- 18/07/2013 00:00 - 7th TravelXchange attracts more participants
- 17/07/2013 00:00 - Government employee shot dead, wife hurt
- 17/07/2013 00:00 - Construction group wins at 1st Despalo Dart tourney