Wednesday, 07 August 2013 15:22
Joint local police, Special Action Force (SAF) and Task Force Zamboanga (TFZ) yesterday raided the hideout in Lower Calarian of the alleged suspects in the shooting and beheading of an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) at Marlboro Drive, of the same barangay last Sunday.
Officer In-charge of Zamboanga City Police Office (ZCPO) Sr. Supt. Jose Chiquito Malayo said the operation resulted to the arrest of Police Officer 1 Al-Frazier Kiram Amilasan, 30, single, assigned with Police Regional Office 4-A (PRO4-A) in Luzon and residing at Imam Jambiran Drive, Istanbak, of the said place.
Malayo said the policeman is allegedly one of the suspects in the shooting and beheading of Alraben Jallao y Lutian, 28, of the same barangay.
The raiding team confiscated a Colt M16 Armalite Rifle with serial number 4884355 and 11 magazines fully loaded with ammunitions and a bolo (barong) with its scabbard.
Amilasan was placed under police custody and detained at the police station while the confiscated firearm and the bolo were submitted to the Crime Laboratory Office 9 for ballistic examination.
However, in an interview, Amilasan denied the accusation and claims innocence of the crime.
Amilasan averred that he was sleeping inside his house because he was observing the holy month of Ramadan when awaken by the commotion.
“Meron nagsabi na may maghahagis raw ng granada sa lugar kaya ako, bilang pulis, lumabas ako para mag-verify, pero nung nakita ko ang kapwa kong police, hinde na ako nagpatuloy,” Amilasan said.
He said his family requested for legal assistance to defend him on the case as well as fight for his right and to prove his innocence.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 13/08/2013 15:00 - Regional Science High School- IX receives recognition from DLSU By Noel M. Reyes, RSHS-IX
- 08/08/2013 14:58 - ZNHS-West offers Chinese Mandarin By: Randy B. Villafuerte, ZNHS West Faculty
- 08/08/2013 14:31 - WMSU aspires toward becoming a mother-baby friendly workplace
- 07/08/2013 15:33 - ARMM Governor: LGUs, public should be vigilant
- 07/08/2013 15:33 - Authorities bare violations of asphalt batching plant in San Roque
- 07/08/2013 15:06 - If Utility and Economy Is What You Really Need
- 03/08/2013 15:16 - ERC approves AS agreement between NGCP and 3 Aboitiz firms
- 03/08/2013 15:16 - Ford hikes stake in China's Jiangling Motors to 31.5%
- 03/08/2013 15:13 - JMC's new production site begins operation, manufacturer to bring new Ford SUV to China
- 25/07/2013 15:46 - Police chief proposes two plates for motorcycles