Wednesday, 07 August 2013 15:33
The local government units and the public should be more vigilant following the explosion in Cotabato City last Mondai that left eight people dead and dozens of others injured, according to Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) governor Mujiv Hataman.
Hataman pleaded "not only to the LGU of Cotabato City, but to other areas, we should have preemptive measures such as CCTV (closed-circuit television) cameras aside from police visibility."
The ARMM Regional Governor said that there should also have the active participation of local government units. "We have been saying, since the very start, that the active participation of the people very is very relevant and needed."
At least 8 people were killed and more than 30 others seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded along Sinsuat Avenue past 4 p.m. Monday. Of the 30 injured, 13 remain inside the hospital, said Central Mindanao Police director General Charles Calima Jr.
Earlier reports revealed that the the convoy of Cotabato City Administrator Cynthia Guiani-Sayadi, sister of Cotabato City Mayor Japal Guiani, was the target of the blast suspects. But the city administrator was unharmed in the blast.
Hataman, meantime, said the CCTV camera installed in a fastfood restaurant may not have captured the perpetrators of the blast.
The latest bombing in Cotabato City came just days after the blast in Cagayan de Oro that left 6 people dead.
The explosion also came a month after the United States, Australia and Canada issued travel ban of their citizens for the cities of Cotabato, Davao, and Zamboanga due to security threats such as bomb attacks and kidnappings.
By Hader Glang
- 13/08/2013 15:17 - PCNC: Use certified NGOs
- 13/08/2013 15:14 - The search is on for Agri – Pinoy Rice Achievers 2013
- 13/08/2013 15:00 - Regional Science High School- IX receives recognition from DLSU By Noel M. Reyes, RSHS-IX
- 08/08/2013 14:58 - ZNHS-West offers Chinese Mandarin By: Randy B. Villafuerte, ZNHS West Faculty
- 08/08/2013 14:31 - WMSU aspires toward becoming a mother-baby friendly workplace
- 07/08/2013 15:33 - Authorities bare violations of asphalt batching plant in San Roque
- 07/08/2013 15:22 - Authorities tag policeman in shooting, beheading incident
- 07/08/2013 15:06 - If Utility and Economy Is What You Really Need
- 03/08/2013 15:16 - ERC approves AS agreement between NGCP and 3 Aboitiz firms
- 03/08/2013 15:16 - Ford hikes stake in China's Jiangling Motors to 31.5%