Thursday, 08 August 2013 14:58
As part of the DepEd’s thrusts of ensuring quality graduates who are globally competitive, the Zamboanga National High School West through the Division of City Schools adopted the teaching of Mandarin as a Special Program in Foreign Language across all curriculum levels in the school.
Mr. Henry A. Ong Chua, Principal IV, said the program aims to make students learn Mandarin and appreciate Chinese culture. “Since Mandarin is becoming a widely spoken language due to China’s emergence as an economic power, learning the language offers the students the opportunities and competitive edge in their future endeavors,” Ong Chua stresses.
The language course is handled by Mrs. Ruth A. Baruc, Mrs. Pilar C. Bangay, and Mr. Randy B. Villafuerte. They were trained at the Confucius Institute at the Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City. As part of the enhancement training, the said teachers completed a summary immersion program at the East China Normal University, Shanghai, China.
“We are glad to be part of this program. The experience of learning and teaching Mandarin to our students helps us achieve a different level of intellectual enrichment,” said Bangay, who teaches intermediate Mandarin to her IV-Rizal Class.
Under the program’s guidelines, students with average grades not lower than 85% can be admitted in the SPFL program. The subject is offered in lieu of Technology and Home Economics.
Presently, the ZNHS-West is the only public school in the region that offers the program.
- 14/08/2013 00:00 - RSHS- IX tops National Achievement Test in ZC
- 13/08/2013 15:28 - Loud explosion jolts town in Zambo Sur
- 13/08/2013 15:17 - PCNC: Use certified NGOs
- 13/08/2013 15:14 - The search is on for Agri – Pinoy Rice Achievers 2013
- 13/08/2013 15:00 - Regional Science High School- IX receives recognition from DLSU By Noel M. Reyes, RSHS-IX
- 08/08/2013 14:31 - WMSU aspires toward becoming a mother-baby friendly workplace
- 07/08/2013 15:33 - ARMM Governor: LGUs, public should be vigilant
- 07/08/2013 15:33 - Authorities bare violations of asphalt batching plant in San Roque
- 07/08/2013 15:22 - Authorities tag policeman in shooting, beheading incident
- 07/08/2013 15:06 - If Utility and Economy Is What You Really Need