Monday, 08 November 2010 09:45
A Malacañang official said recently there is no basis of comparison between President Benigno Simeon Aquino III and US President Barack Obama who reportedly lost his charm on the voters.
”Tila malayo po ang comparison sapagkat ang pinanggagalingan ng Estado Unidos ay isang massive economic meltdown (There is no basis of comparison because the US came from a massive economic meltdown),” Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio “Sonny” Coloma said in a radio interview.
Coloma made the statement in reaction to former Sen. Nene Pimentel’s observation that support for the Aquino administration may wane if the President continues to "ignore" the wrongdoings of some of his officials.
Coloma cited that unlike the United States, the financial economic crisis did not have much effect on the Philippine economy.
”Dito sa atin, hindi naman tayo naapektuhan ng ganoong kalakas nung klase ng economic crisis… ang pinanggalingan natin ay crisis of confidence in government at yung malawak na pag angal ng ating mga mamamayan sa corruption sa pamahalaan (We were hardly-hit by the economic crisis… the crisis we have here is crisis of confidence in government and the widespread discontent of the public in corruption),” he said.
Pimentel earlier said the President should make good his promises of a clean and honest governance and uplifting the lives of the poor to continue enjoying public support.
Obama's partymates at the Democratic Party lost in the US Midterm elections last November 2.
Majority of the Republican Party earned seats in the US Congress while Democrats notched higher by a small margin in the Senate. (Janice M. Cave-PNA)
- 22/11/2010 09:36 - Palace bares more appointments
- 22/11/2010 09:35 - Aquino scraps ‘Pilipinas kay Ganda’ slogan
- 08/11/2010 09:48 - Aquino to bestow Order of Golden Heart to comedian Dolphy
- 08/11/2010 09:47 - Sign peace pact first before courtesy call, Palace says of NDF's plan
- 08/11/2010 09:46 - P-Noy says no urgent need for a Cabinet revamp
- 07/11/2010 17:19 - BSP revises rules on officer positions in family-controlled banks
- 07/11/2010 17:18 - Mindanao fruit processors adopt HACCP, looking to widen global market reach
- 04/11/2010 12:37 - CLARET-Red Roosters, Mindanao Region Passerelle Champion
- 04/11/2010 12:36 - SuperFerry fares to Visayas at P588, to Mindanao at P888 on Nov. 3 – 5
- 04/11/2010 12:34 - Culinan HS Principal defends doctoral dissertation