Monday, 08 November 2010 09:48
President Benigno S. Aquino III will bestow on actor-comedy king Rodolfo Quizon, popularly known as Dolphy, the Grand Collar Order of the Golden Heart award today at the Rizal Hall of Malacañang.
“The conferment is in recognition of the life achievement of Mr. Quizon both in terms of his show business career where his comedy has brought joy to millions but this is importantly his well-known philanthropy and encouragement of charitable and good causes,” Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said in an interview with Radyo ng Bayan Saturday morning.
This includes the Dolphy-Aid para sa Pinoy Foundation, which gives scholarships to children of overseas Filipino workers, she said.
Valte also said that the Order of the Golden Heart gives official recognition to Filipinos or foreigners “who have rendered distinguished services or given noteworthy monetary of other material aid, encouragement to the campaign for the amelioration and improvement of the moral, social and economic conditions of the Filipino masses and for volunteerism in the service of the Filipino masses.”
Valte said the first recipient of the award, which was established by then President Ramon Magsaysay in 1954, was US blind author, Helen Keller in 1955.
Dolphy openly endorsed Aquino’s political rival, Senator Manny Villar, in the May 2010 elections. (PNA)
- 22/11/2010 09:40 - Facebook messaging poses risks for users - tech watchdog: AFP
- 22/11/2010 09:39 - Australia, PHL sign agreement to professionalize gov't institutions
- 22/11/2010 09:37 - UK firms seek biz partners for PHL's waste management
- 22/11/2010 09:36 - Palace bares more appointments
- 22/11/2010 09:35 - Aquino scraps ‘Pilipinas kay Ganda’ slogan
- 08/11/2010 09:47 - Sign peace pact first before courtesy call, Palace says of NDF's plan
- 08/11/2010 09:46 - P-Noy says no urgent need for a Cabinet revamp
- 08/11/2010 09:45 - No basis of comparison between P-Noy, Obama - Coloma
- 07/11/2010 17:19 - BSP revises rules on officer positions in family-controlled banks
- 07/11/2010 17:18 - Mindanao fruit processors adopt HACCP, looking to widen global market reach