Wednesday, 11 June 2014 13:02
A member of the Civilian Armed Forces Geographical Unit (CAFGU) was wounded while his two companions escaped unharmed after they were fired upon by unidentified suspects at the Provincial Road, Barangay Mahayag, Dimataling, Zamboanga Del Sur (ZDS), Sunday.
Officer in-charge of the Police Regional Public Information Office Insp. Dalhan Samuddin identified the victims as Glenn Tabanao y Inanod, 30, married, CAFGU member assigned at Panaga AFP detachment, Barangay Panaga, Pitigo, ZDS; Fernando Villa Carlos y Eriboaga, 28, single, of Poblacion Pitogo; and Boy Monsor Bodas y Cono, marrie,d of Purok 8, Buburay, Dimataling, ZDS.
Samuddin said Tabanao was driving a motorcycle with his two companions when shot by the gunman.
Police said Tabanao suffered a gunshot wound on his right leg and was rushed to Zamboanga del Sur Medical Center. His companions were unharmed in the incident.
A follow-up investigation is being conducted by the municipal police station to establish the identity of the suspect.
Motive of the incident is still undetermined.
By: Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 27/06/2014 13:44 - MAPZACARA receives coco sugar processing equipment from DTI
- 27/06/2014 13:42 - From the Ashes of Conflict: ZNHS-West Shines Again
- 27/06/2014 13:41 - RPMC IX Introduces Project Information System
- 27/06/2014 13:40 - Sinunuc Transfiguration Parish: Newest DMII Circle initiated
- 26/06/2014 13:11 - DTI urges Muslim consumers to take advantage of its Diskwento Ramadan
- 10/06/2014 14:20 - Duterte: I will abolish congress
- 10/06/2014 14:04 - One day, even Aquino will have to account
- 08/06/2014 15:12 - OCENR addresses environmental hazards in JEMSC
- 08/06/2014 15:10 - River clean up yields 4,000 kgs assorted garbage and debris
- 05/06/2014 15:59 - More people, more garbage!