Friday, 27 June 2014 13:41
The Technical Secretariat of Regional Project Monitoring Committee (RPMC) IX has developed the Project Information System (PIS), which is designed to track project implementation and serve as a database for projects in Region IX. With the latest technology and with the use of a wide array of system languages, the PIS is aimed at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of project monitoring.
The PIS is a LAN-web-based system that uses geographical information for tracking ongoing and completed projects. Data for ongoing projects are validated through actual field visits. The system uses location-based digital technology like GIS, GPS and Geotagging, resulting to the viewing of projects in their actual location via online map. This feature is able to provide real-time information on the project’s development, and is accessible to the public and its implementing agencies.
An orientation was conducted on May 23, 2014 in Zamboanga City to introduce the PIS to RPMC IX members, monitoring partners and stakeholders. Director Teresita Socorro C. Ramos of NEDA Region IX and concurrently RPMC IX Chairperson commended the Secretariat for this achievement that has made RPMC IX one of the RPMCs nationwide which has developed such technology. The members of RPMC IX believe that the system is a powerful tool which can provide reliable database of all projects monitored in Region IX. More importantly, the system serves as an instrument in addressing issues encountered during monitoring without delay.
By: Jordan B. Sali, NEDA 9
- 12/07/2014 15:06 - Notice of Public Hearing
- 12/07/2014 14:58 - EDUCATION: Window to a New World
- 11/07/2014 14:57 - A Path to Peace Trainers’ Training Program
- 27/06/2014 13:44 - MAPZACARA receives coco sugar processing equipment from DTI
- 27/06/2014 13:42 - From the Ashes of Conflict: ZNHS-West Shines Again
- 27/06/2014 13:40 - Sinunuc Transfiguration Parish: Newest DMII Circle initiated
- 26/06/2014 13:11 - DTI urges Muslim consumers to take advantage of its Diskwento Ramadan
- 11/06/2014 13:02 - Cafgu shot in Zambo del Sur
- 10/06/2014 14:20 - Duterte: I will abolish congress
- 10/06/2014 14:04 - One day, even Aquino will have to account