Monday, 22 November 2010 09:35
President Benigno S. Aquino III expressed his dissatisfaction with the proposed tourism slogan 'Pilipinas kay Ganda' saying the ”stakeholders themselves were not happy about it (the slogan).”
In a press conference during the call on him by international boxing icon, Manny Pacquiao at the Premier Guest House, the President said “he met with the stakeholders recently and they showed their discontent over the new slogan.”
“Maybe we do not have to fine tune the slogan but look for something more appropriate. There was an old slogan, though still acceptable to many, but I tasked Tourism Secretary Bert Lim to fix it and find a new one based on the blue print of the tourism program and I will review all the details,” the President told reporters.
On Friday night, the President said he recently met with Lim to discuss the details of the master plan. “Some of it I can’t really reveal because we are still embarking on a non-traditional approach in trying to really promote tourism in the country.”
Among them is the recognition of the assets that we have, such as the seafarers, who the President said are the single biggest nationality flying the world’s oceans.
The President said the DoT submitted a master plan that contains a lot of changes. “I will first look at every detail that they placed in that master plan,” he said.
He said there should have been more research and focused group discussions in working out the logo and the slogan before the launch.
“I understand now that the DoT and others involved in the planning are talking to the stakeholders to get their reaction on something that will differentiate us from all our competitors. There are many errors in the concept but it’s not too late to rectify the errors,” the President said. (PNA)
- 25/11/2010 09:54 - Palace tells bishops: Heed the Pope's call
- 22/11/2010 09:40 - Facebook messaging poses risks for users - tech watchdog: AFP
- 22/11/2010 09:39 - Australia, PHL sign agreement to professionalize gov't institutions
- 22/11/2010 09:37 - UK firms seek biz partners for PHL's waste management
- 22/11/2010 09:36 - Palace bares more appointments
- 08/11/2010 09:48 - Aquino to bestow Order of Golden Heart to comedian Dolphy
- 08/11/2010 09:47 - Sign peace pact first before courtesy call, Palace says of NDF's plan
- 08/11/2010 09:46 - P-Noy says no urgent need for a Cabinet revamp
- 08/11/2010 09:45 - No basis of comparison between P-Noy, Obama - Coloma
- 07/11/2010 17:19 - BSP revises rules on officer positions in family-controlled banks