Monday, 22 November 2010 09:36
Malacanang on Saturday bared more new appointments to the different departments of the executive branch.
In an interview over Radyo ng Bayan, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said President Benigno S. Aquino III appointed Liberto Casco as executive director of the Maritime Training Council of the Department of Labor and Employment.
Also appointed were Josefino Torres as deputy administrator of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration; Carolyn Esposo Espiritu (the one who conducted communication crisis training to the President’s Cabinet members last July and August) as member of the board of trustees of the Cultural Center of the Philippines. She replaced Ruperto Nicdao.
Bob Gothong was reappointed as board member of the Philippine National Oil Company. Also appointed to the board of PNOC were Potenciano Larrazabal Jr., Felipe Medalla, Rolando Bacani and Oscar Ala.
Appointed to the Nayong Pilipino board of trustees for a period of one year were architects Paulo Alcazaren (vice Pacita Juan) and Augusto Villalon (vice Ma. Imelda Gomez) along with Mary Jane Ortega (vice Sherry Grace Velarde-Yambao).
Appointed commissioners to the Commission on Population of the Department of Health were Benjamin de Leon (vice Geraldine Sotto-Padilla), Rodrigo Tano (vice Mercedes Concepcion) and Jaime Galvez-Tan (vice Jose Sandejas).
The President named Dr. Manuel Chua Chiaco as acting executive director of the Philippine Heart Center of the DOH.
Gavino Barlin was named acting deputy executive director of the Fertilizer and Pesticides Authority under the Department of Agriculture.
Teodoro Herbosa was appointed undersecretary under co-terminus status of the Department of Health.
Fermin de Leon Jr. was appointed Director IV of the National Defense College of the Philippines under the Department of National Defense and Manuel Yoro as acting director III of the Department of National Defense (DND), both under co-terminus status.
Appointed board of directors of the Philippine Reclamation Authority for a term expiring March 3, 2012 were Reynaldo Robles (vice Juan Antonio Gatuslao); Manuel Medina vice Pedro Lavlo Jr. and Rene Enrique Silos vice the late Epimaco Velasco.
- 25/11/2010 09:55 - P-Noy: Live coverage of Maguindanao massacre hearings would show the world 'justice is taking its proper course'
- 25/11/2010 09:54 - Palace tells bishops: Heed the Pope's call
- 22/11/2010 09:40 - Facebook messaging poses risks for users - tech watchdog: AFP
- 22/11/2010 09:39 - Australia, PHL sign agreement to professionalize gov't institutions
- 22/11/2010 09:37 - UK firms seek biz partners for PHL's waste management
- 22/11/2010 09:35 - Aquino scraps ‘Pilipinas kay Ganda’ slogan
- 08/11/2010 09:48 - Aquino to bestow Order of Golden Heart to comedian Dolphy
- 08/11/2010 09:47 - Sign peace pact first before courtesy call, Palace says of NDF's plan
- 08/11/2010 09:46 - P-Noy says no urgent need for a Cabinet revamp
- 08/11/2010 09:45 - No basis of comparison between P-Noy, Obama - Coloma