Monday, 11 August 2014 14:48
(BY: NONONG SANTIAGO) Over 500 indigent children on Saturday benefited from the feeding program of Brigada News FM, Councilor Mike Alavar and San Roque barangay chair Lit Lit Macrohon, held at the multipurpose hall of the San Roque Elementary School, this city.
The barangay council led by Macrohon invited Brigada News FM for the twin activities on the community in connection with its forthcoming fiesta on August 15.
Councilor Alavar provided nutritious “arroz caldo” and juice to the children from different puroks and sitios of the barangay.
Aside from the feeding program, the FM station in coordination with the office of Mayor Isabelle Climaco Salazar, the Zamboanga State College of Marine Sciences and Technology also conducted the clean up drive dubbed “Brigada Limpiesa na Barangay” particularly at the San Roque River.
It was notable that irresponsible and undisciplined residents living near the river bank throw their garbage and other waste materials into the river.
The river is so polluted which is the cause of over flooding during heavy downpour.
Barangay chair Macrohon appealed to residents to refrain from throwing their waste into the river as this causes obstruction to rampaging waters during heavy rains.
By: Nonong Santiago
- 14/08/2014 12:05 - BFAR launches nationwide Fish-sing hymn making contest
- 14/08/2014 12:04 - UN Population Fund and Global Citizen Launch – Mobilizing People to Say “Youth Matter!”
- 14/08/2014 12:03 - No transactions and collection on August 16, 2014 (Saturday)
- 12/08/2014 13:38 - Deles asks for help to sustain Bangsamoro peace pact
- 12/08/2014 13:36 - ZCWD conducts pipe Inspection, leak detection
- 31/07/2014 11:54 - Culianan National High School Batch ’95 conducts blood letting
- 12/07/2014 15:08 - Public Service
- 12/07/2014 15:06 - Notice of Public Hearing
- 12/07/2014 14:58 - EDUCATION: Window to a New World
- 11/07/2014 14:57 - A Path to Peace Trainers’ Training Program