Friday, 15 August 2014 13:17
Two repatriates from Libya have received financial assistance of Ten Thousand Pesos (PHP 10,000) from OWWA RWO 9 on Tuesday, August 13, 2014.
Financial Relief Assistance Program (FRAP) was implemented as pursuant to Board resolution No. 7 Series of 2014 that provides a one-time financial assistance to each repatriated OFWs from Libya. The Board Resolution was put into action this week for the OFWs who were repatriated from the time Alert level 4 was taken on effect, July 20, 2014.
Two OFWs visited OWWA 9 yesterday and presented their proof of exit and arrival to the Philippines that they are indeed repatriated from Libya.
As directed by OWWA Administrator Rebecca J. Calzado, Regional Director Hassan Gabra T. Jumdain released 10k as their financial emergency assistance.
“Masaya kami, at least may maitutulong ang gobyerno natin” said Catharine Javar, a former nurse in Brothers Clinic, Tripoli, Libya.
Director Jumdain is advising repatriated OFWs to visit the regional office to receive the laid assistance and to know more about OWWA’s livelihood program.
As of August 13, 2014, 19 out of 1838 repatriates are coming from this region.
By: Natasha Omar
- 12/09/2014 11:37 - GSP 5th Regional Committee, 8th Exec Meeting set
- 12/09/2014 11:31 - (The September to remember) In the name of Peace
- 06/09/2014 15:03 - eMEDiA History
- 04/09/2014 14:03 - WHAT IS eMEDiA?
- 15/08/2014 13:20 - Creating friendly spaces for adolescence, youth reproductive health
- 14/08/2014 13:05 - 10K Monetary Assistance to Repatriated OFWs from Libya
- 14/08/2014 13:05 - 2nd BIMP-EAGA and IMT-GT Trade Fair and Business Leaders’ Conference
- 14/08/2014 12:05 - DOT9 to conduct Seminar on Community Guiding
- 14/08/2014 12:05 - BFAR launches nationwide Fish-sing hymn making contest
- 14/08/2014 12:04 - UN Population Fund and Global Citizen Launch – Mobilizing People to Say “Youth Matter!”