Friday, 26 November 2010 12:15
The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) is back under the supervision of the Office of the President (OP) with the signing of Executive Order No. 14, ordering its transfer from the Department of Health.
"In order to ensure the effective implementation of the social agenda of the President as well as to effectively facilitate the health services and charity programs of OP there is a need of placing back to OP the control and supervision over PCSO," the EO states.
The PCSO was originally under the control and supervision of the Office of the President (OP) as stated in Republic Act 1169. However, in 2004, its supervision was transferred to the Department of Social Welfare and Development and in 2005 to the Department of Health (DOH).
The EO further states that "one of the main objectives of the Office of the President is to enhance the health services and charity programs to the public as well as to immediately respond to calamities, disasters relief and emerging illnesses." (PNA)
- 07/12/2010 16:35 - PALEA to hold strike vote today
- 30/11/2010 11:44 - Leslie Nielsen of 'Naked Gun' fame dies at age 84
- 30/11/2010 11:43 - No deployment ban in South Korea - Baldoz
- 26/11/2010 12:16 - Tuna industry players call for establishment of a fisheries department
- 26/11/2010 12:15 - 32 undocumented OFWs nabbed in Saudi Arabia
- 25/11/2010 09:57 - Filipino households income up 19% last year
- 25/11/2010 09:57 - Bacalzo administers oath to 58 newly-promoted PNP officers
- 25/11/2010 09:56 - Palace revising crisis management manual
- 25/11/2010 09:56 - Gov’t PIOs urged to institute feedback mechanism for government programs
- 25/11/2010 09:55 - P-Noy: Live coverage of Maguindanao massacre hearings would show the world 'justice is taking its proper course'