Sunday, 14 September 2014 15:30
The month of September is being highlighted with different suggested activities to give emphasis to give emphasis of what is science in our daily lives. It has been an annual endeavor of all institutions both in private and public schools as mandated by the Department of Education.
The theme for this year’s celebration,”IMMUNATION: Arming Science Clubbers with Healthful Defenses towards National Wellness”, stressed that this is a very timely and reflective theme for us to think about. You and I believe, that Zamboanga is really on a journey of its healing phase after the last year siege that happened in our beloved Zamboanga City. The city was so sick during those times that large amounts of immunizations should be administered.
We in the Department of Education wasn’t able to conduct the different activities in line with the Science Celebration because the city was attacked by a so-called disease, hence, the school children were deprived of the privileged to experience the excitement of celebrating Science Month.
This year is a very remarkable month to commemorate because we can really feel the spirit of Science Month in our school and all other schools as well. The school children were very happy in their yelling and together with their colorful shirts, mascots, and other props in science that can really spell the real meaning of the celebration.
There should be many reasons for us to remember the month of September. It’s actually the first /BER/ month of the year which eventually gives us every reason to be happy because its approximately 100 days before Christmas, likewise it’s the month before celebrating Fiesta Pilar in Zamboanga, and of course, not to forget our Science Month Celebration.
Finally, September is also a month to reminisce the one-year ago Zamboanga siege which all of us Zamboangueños were placed in danger and confusion. It’s not long ago when we experienced a very tragic moment which threatens the safety of our lives. However, we should all be very thankful that the peace that we had been longing for is now being restored little by little. Still, there are many reasons to celebrate and be happy for all of these things that had happened to us. After all, the siege is still a science-related issue that we really have to addressed.
(By: Eleanor Sanson- Cebritas/ Lumbangan Elementary School
- 18/09/2014 11:33 - Mathinik plus Cooperative Learning is an Effective Strategy
- 18/09/2014 11:30 - Divisoria Elem. School holds feeding program
- 17/09/2014 11:51 - MARINA leads 2014 National Maritime Week Celebration
- 17/09/2014 11:50 - ZTC conducts Nutrition Quiz Bee
- 16/09/2014 11:25 - School Principal dies in Guiwan road mishap
- 12/09/2014 11:37 - GSP 5th Regional Committee, 8th Exec Meeting set
- 12/09/2014 11:31 - (The September to remember) In the name of Peace
- 06/09/2014 15:03 - eMEDiA History
- 04/09/2014 14:03 - WHAT IS eMEDiA?
- 15/08/2014 13:20 - Creating friendly spaces for adolescence, youth reproductive health