Wednesday, 17 September 2014 11:50
The Zamboanga Toastmasters Club (ZTC) conducted recently the Nutrition Quiz Bee (NQB), an integral component of a government information drive concerning an important law that affects the lives of mothers and their babies.
A joint undertaking of the ZTC, the City Health Office (CHO), and the Department of Education, Regional Office No. IX (DepEd IX), the NQB comprised Part II of that one-day Orientation Seminar on Republic Act No. 10028 (RA 10028), also known as the Expanded Breastfeeding Law.
The NQB program opened with the Welcome Remarks given by City Health Officer Dr. Rodel Agbulos, a Competent Tostmaster/Competent Leader (CTM/CL) and former ZTC President. It was followed by an explanation of the Mechanics/Criteria of the NQB by Toastmaster (TM) Maria Christine Lim, Health Education Promotion Officer (HEPO) of the CHO and current ZTC Vice President for Membership; the main Message delivered by City Schools Superintendent Pedro Melchor Natividad, DepEd IX; and the NQB proper then the Awarding Ceremony.
Headed by ZTC President Competent Communicator (CC) Cacai Wee, among the club members who witnessed the NQB were CC/CL Dino Lingat, Jr., and TM Criz Cuartocruz, ZTC Secretary. The program was emceed by TM Christine Lim.
The morning session featured Part I of that orientation seminar. The opening program included the Welcome Remarks of CHO Dr. Agbulos; explanation of the Overview/Rationale of the Orientation Seminar by Virginia Sagrado, CHO Nutrition Officer III; discourse on the Infant and Young Child Feeding: A Global Strategy by PamelaTarroza, National Program Coordinator, National Nutrition Council Region IX (NNC IX); and discussion of RA 10028 and Ordinance No. 425 by Atty. Novelyn Villadolid, Attorney III of the City Legal Office.
The same program featured a description of the Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) Human Milk Bank by Dr. Cesar Jeffrey Masilungan, ZCMC Neonatologist; Awarding of the Mother Baby Friendly Workplace Certificate by Dr. Nimfa Torrizo, Regional Director, Department of Health Region IX (DOH IX) and CHO Dr. Agbulos.
Finally, the Closing Remarks was given by Dr. Myra Sharon Francisco, Medical Officer IV of the CHO. The Part I program was emceed by Ramonelle Charmaine Faustino.
Incidentally, the ZTC officers and members welcome anyone to be a Guest during their weekly Friday meeting from 7:00 to 9:00 PM in the Emerald Room, 2nd floor of the Grand Astoria Hotel, Mayor Jaldon Street. Inquiries concerning other relevant details may be addressed to Cellphone No. 09173032577 or 09159906923. (ZTC Press Release)
- 22/09/2014 14:12 - ZSCMST Hosts Training on Mangrove Crab Hatchery and Nursery
- 18/09/2014 11:34 - The effective ways to improve problem solving skill in Mathematics
- 18/09/2014 11:33 - Mathinik plus Cooperative Learning is an Effective Strategy
- 18/09/2014 11:30 - Divisoria Elem. School holds feeding program
- 17/09/2014 11:51 - MARINA leads 2014 National Maritime Week Celebration
- 16/09/2014 11:25 - School Principal dies in Guiwan road mishap
- 14/09/2014 15:30 - “Science Month: It’s Significance to the Zamboangueños”
- 12/09/2014 11:37 - GSP 5th Regional Committee, 8th Exec Meeting set
- 12/09/2014 11:31 - (The September to remember) In the name of Peace
- 06/09/2014 15:03 - eMEDiA History