Thursday, 18 September 2014 11:30
(BY: RACHEL E. MAGHANOY) DepEd Secretary Armin Luistro ordered in an August 18 memorandum the implementation of the School-Based Feeding Program (SBFP) to address severely wasted problem among public school children nationwide.
Divisoria Elementary School (DES) holds feeding for the 35 severely wasted or under nourished pupils from kindergarten to Grade VI were reported based on the Nutritional Status result. The feeding started last September 1, 2014 and ends on February 1, 2015.
According to Mrs. Carmen M. Abuy (Feeding Program Coordinator) of DES following the guidelines of SBFP, the budget allocation for the feeding activity is P15.00 per beneficiary multiplied by 120 feeding days. The 120 day SBFP is expected to teach the children nutritional values, improve their health and 100 percent classroom attendance of the beneficiaries. Variety of vegetables grown in the school garden may be served in order to avoid commodity fatigue.
The SBFP aims to give children hot meals based on Malunggay recipes and 20 day cycle menus using locally produced or grown food, assuring beneficiaries of 300 additional calories to address their nutritional deficiencies.
Also tapped to be partners in DES feeding program is the Rotary North, a Non-Government Organization (NGO). They also provide nutritious food to serve the severely wasted pupils every Wednesday.
- 26/09/2014 15:50 - Human Trafficking & More Shocking Revelations on the Gas Scam
- 25/09/2014 13:08 - Senator Marcos on BBL; Mrs. Durendez’s Revelation
- 22/09/2014 14:12 - ZSCMST Hosts Training on Mangrove Crab Hatchery and Nursery
- 18/09/2014 11:34 - The effective ways to improve problem solving skill in Mathematics
- 18/09/2014 11:33 - Mathinik plus Cooperative Learning is an Effective Strategy
- 17/09/2014 11:51 - MARINA leads 2014 National Maritime Week Celebration
- 17/09/2014 11:50 - ZTC conducts Nutrition Quiz Bee
- 16/09/2014 11:25 - School Principal dies in Guiwan road mishap
- 14/09/2014 15:30 - “Science Month: It’s Significance to the Zamboangueños”
- 12/09/2014 11:37 - GSP 5th Regional Committee, 8th Exec Meeting set