Thursday, 25 September 2014 13:08
(BY: REV. BERLIE G. YAP) Despite of the demands of his busy schedules, eMedia was able to get through a live interview to Senator Ferdinand “Bong-Bong” Marcos, the Chairman for the Bansamoro Transistion Committee (BTC) yesterday—Wednesday, in the 6 AM “Emedia Mo” program hosted by partners GIL Climaco and Rey Bayona Bayoging.
The interview was very timely knowing that the sporadic atrocities now taking place in Mindanao are in direct connections to the issue and oppositions by some groups and elements to the MILF-GRP peace negotiations.
Senator Bong-Bong Marcos Jr. said that his committee found “many details in the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) draft that do need to be scrutinized”. Such statement is notable knowing because to pass through the brilliance of Senator Marcos and the rest like Senators Pia Cayetano, Koko Pimentel, JV Ejercito is a surgical precession.
Senator Marcos further said that his committee is now holding different public hearings for the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) to hear sentiments of other stakeholders that would be affected in its eventual implementation. On the second week of October his committee will come here in Mindanao, particularly in Marawi City and Cotabato City, to conduct more public hearings.
Partner Gil asked Senator Marcos if what is his impression to Chairman Nur Misuari’s strong opposition to BBL? He replied politely, “Malaking problema talaga yan, kaya kailangang pag-aralan ng maigi”. He pointed that it is so because Misuari’s group felt they were left out in the said peace treaty.
While partner Rey also asked if Senator Marcos can enumerate at least three important points he thinks must be explained “crystal clear” to the public about the content of the MILF-GRP agreement on the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL). He answered, “The seat of power-sharing, the sovereignty of the Philippine State that cannot be threatened and the sharing of natural wealth”.
On the other hand, it is now a full blown hot issue and much so because the entire populace of the City today is already in agitation and giggling to know the real score of the alleged unpaid gasoline/diesel bill incurred in the name of the Zamboanga City Council.
After finding way to interview the SP staff being accused as the culprit of the SP fuel scam, eMedia thought to already release the name of the alleged City Council staff who issued the excess gas slips, she is Mrs. Maria Socorro Devorrah “Deding” Durendez. In an interview by Miss Liza Jocson, Mrs. Durendez disclosed all of her heart fearlessly speaking about her side of the story in tears. The exclusive interview was featured yesterday (Wednesday) in the program “Comversa! Quosa Ba?” hosted by partners JV Faustino, Zamboanga Today Editor-in-Chief (EIC) and Miss Liza Jocson. The following are her words, she said that:
· Indeed, from 2008-2010 she was then the assigned personnel in the issuance and facilitation of the City Councilors’ gasoline/diesel weekly allocations;
· 2008-2010, Mannix Dalipe was the Vice-Mayor. Through Dalipe’s advice, Mrs. Durendez would issue the corresponding gas slips to the Councilors;
· Sometime in the process, excess gasoline/diesel allocation issuances did start and with the knowledge of the former Vice-Mayor;
· And since then, it became already a “custombre” practice and fact until now of the time of Mrs. Zenny Jaime, the Zamboanga City Council secretary, who is handling the said gas slip releases. Mrs. Jaime started to handle the said releasing beginning 2012;
· Before the 2010 elections, Mrs. Durendez was replaced by a certain “Sir Nilo” and she was transferred to work in the City Library;
· She explained that the promissory note she signed for the payment of the excess was not an admission of her guilt. Canelar Shell station is now collecting from her the due bills that’s why she was without choice but to sign the said promissory note;
Mrs. Durendez felt being now left all by herself without the City Councilors on her side. But she strongly warned, when worse comes to worst she still has documents to defend herself and maybe expose some ‘filthy skeletons in the closets’ to drag certain names in the City Council.
Partners! Check us out in e105.9 FM band or watch us in channels 37 local, 54 in Mindanao Cable and 98 in Sky Cable. You as well can access our tele-broadcast online via ustream through the link www.emediamo.tv.
. eMedia is located in RBB Bldg., Villa Sta. Theresa Village, MCLL Highway, Divisoria, Zamboanga City. We are serving local, broadcasting global. Hende lang este radio, TV este! Follow us back again tomorrow in this column.
- 30/09/2014 13:54 - Two High National Execs in Town
- 30/09/2014 11:54 - A look to a teacher in a modern world
- 29/09/2014 15:12 - Murders and fire during the weekend
- 27/09/2014 13:48 - Big Police Reports To Know
- 26/09/2014 15:50 - Human Trafficking & More Shocking Revelations on the Gas Scam
- 22/09/2014 14:12 - ZSCMST Hosts Training on Mangrove Crab Hatchery and Nursery
- 18/09/2014 11:34 - The effective ways to improve problem solving skill in Mathematics
- 18/09/2014 11:33 - Mathinik plus Cooperative Learning is an Effective Strategy
- 18/09/2014 11:30 - Divisoria Elem. School holds feeding program
- 17/09/2014 11:51 - MARINA leads 2014 National Maritime Week Celebration