Friday, 21 November 2014 11:10
The Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) issued six (6) STCW Circulars which provide the mandatory minimum requirements on the conduct of examination, assessment, licensing and certification of deck and engine officers.
These Circulars are the first set of guidelines issued by the MARINA as it commences the assumption of STCW functions of the Professional Regulation Commission’s (PRC) STCW pursuant to Republic Act No. 10635 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).
The MARINA and PRC are hand in hand to ensure smooth transition and operational efficiency. As mandated by the transitory provision of the IRR, all applications for license and COCs shall be directed to MARINA STCW Office beginning November 15, 2014. However, all the functions of the PRC relating to the issuance of COCs for the deck officers and engineers officers shall continue until December 31, 2014.
For downloads of STCW Circulars, please click on the link: http://marina.gov.ph/stcw/html/issuances.html
- 04/12/2014 15:04 - Search for 2015 Outstanding R&D Award
- 04/12/2014 15:02 - Three peace champions conferred peaceweaver awards
- 29/11/2014 11:22 - ACPAZ receives NCCA grants for culture material development
- 21/11/2014 11:12 - Management educators in R-IX attend MAP-AIM workshop
- 21/11/2014 11:11 - ZCWD conducts information drive in Barangay Sinunuc
- 03/11/2014 14:15 - Five-day full and rich experience for ZNHS West teachers
- 30/10/2014 14:26 - Sixteen finish Basic Meat Processing training from DA
- 30/10/2014 14:24 - Region IX exemplary kids join DSWD National Children’s Congress
- 30/10/2014 14:21 - DENR IX conducts 9th cave forum; creates cave rescue team
- 10/10/2014 15:20 - Ompong’s Fury Hit Zambo