Friday, 21 November 2014 11:11
The Zamboanga City Water District (ZCWD) had the opportunity to meet residents of Barangay Sinunuc on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
The request was made by Hon. Pilarica K. Ledesma, Punong Barangay of Sinunuc, together with the Barangay Kagawads and some concerned citizens of the said barangay.
As part of its corporate social responsibility program under the Community Relations and Public Affairs Section, the activity was conducted to communicate ZCWD projects and activities as well as to meet with water consumers situated in the locality.
The ZCWD team was composed of Engr. Efren C. Salvacion, Engr. Mary Ann S. Araneta and Raymund “Montee” E. Domingo.
The activity started off with a program which was led by Barangay Chair Ledesma and followed by an open forum where questions regarding the occurrence of low pressure to no water as well as the water rationing schedule and other projects were raised.
A concern raised during the activity was the possible installation of an additional overhead water tank at the barangay to augment the water needs of consumers situated in the barangay. For its part, ZCWD advised the barangay officials to secure first the necessary permits and the initial logistical requirements for the project such as budget allocation and the location for the overhead water tank before project negotiations can take place.
ZCWD is grateful to the people of Sinunuc for their usual support. (By: Montee E. Domingo-ZCWD)
- 06/12/2014 14:15 - DTI holds Noche Buena Diskwento Caravan
- 04/12/2014 15:04 - Search for 2015 Outstanding R&D Award
- 04/12/2014 15:02 - Three peace champions conferred peaceweaver awards
- 29/11/2014 11:22 - ACPAZ receives NCCA grants for culture material development
- 21/11/2014 11:12 - Management educators in R-IX attend MAP-AIM workshop
- 21/11/2014 11:10 - Marina sets new rules on STCW functions
- 03/11/2014 14:15 - Five-day full and rich experience for ZNHS West teachers
- 30/10/2014 14:26 - Sixteen finish Basic Meat Processing training from DA
- 30/10/2014 14:24 - Region IX exemplary kids join DSWD National Children’s Congress
- 30/10/2014 14:21 - DENR IX conducts 9th cave forum; creates cave rescue team