Thursday, 04 December 2014 15:04
The Department of Science and Technology – Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development (DOST-PCIEERD) is pleased to announce the Search for Outstanding R and D Award for CY 2015.
DOST IX Regional Director Brenda L. Nazareth-Manzano said that the competition is open to all Filipino scientists, researchers, and engineers from universities and colleges, R&D institutions, and private industries doing R&D work under the following categories: 1. Industrial Technology (process, chemicals, mining and minerals, metals and engineering and food processing); 2) Energy, Utilities & Systems (alternative sources of energy, energy efficiency and transportation); 3) Emerging Technology - materials science / nanotechnology, biotechnology / genomics, information and communications technology, electronic and semiconductor, space technology applications and photonics; and 4) Special Concerns – climate change, disaster risk reduction and management, and environment.
The research and development project should have been conducted mainly in the Philippines and completed between January 2010 and December 2014. Entries to the award should complete the project following the prescribed format. It should be certified by the Head of the institution / agency / organization as to the veracity of its claims. All entries will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
The winner from each category will receive a trophy and a cash prize amounting to P500, 000.00 (net of tax).
Entries should be submitted not later than February 27, 2015 to Engr. Nelson P. Beniabon, Chair, R&D Awards Committee, PCIEERD, 5th floor, Science Heritage Bldg., DOST Science Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City.
For additional instructions and prescribed format of the competition, interested parties are advised to visit the PCIEERD website at http://www.pcieerd.dost.gov.ph. (DOST IX PRESS RELEASE)
- 31/01/2015 11:50 - Stress and stress management of teachers
- 20/01/2015 11:38 - Pag-IBIG Fund sponsors mass civil wedding -”I Do. Do.”
- 17/01/2015 13:38 - Prof. Yacub: “Freedom of expression not absolute”
- 03/01/2015 14:21 - Zambo alumni mark NDJC 60th year
- 06/12/2014 14:15 - DTI holds Noche Buena Diskwento Caravan
- 04/12/2014 15:02 - Three peace champions conferred peaceweaver awards
- 29/11/2014 11:22 - ACPAZ receives NCCA grants for culture material development
- 21/11/2014 11:12 - Management educators in R-IX attend MAP-AIM workshop
- 21/11/2014 11:11 - ZCWD conducts information drive in Barangay Sinunuc
- 21/11/2014 11:10 - Marina sets new rules on STCW functions