Tuesday, 03 March 2015 14:15
A total of 1.6 million pesos was released by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, Regional Office IX (OWWA-RWO-IX) to thirteen overseas Filipinos Workers families for burial assistance.
OWWA Regional Director Dr. Hassan Gabra T. Jumdain has appealed to the families who received the monetary assistance to spend the money properly . “This is the product of hardwork when your family member was still working abroad and OWWA don’t just look for the welfare of the OFW’s but as well as the entire members of the family”, Jumdain said.
One of the recipient who requested not to reveal to be identfified cried after receiving the checque “ Maraming salamat dahil hindi kame pinabayaan”, she said.
Dr. Jumdain said the monetory assistance is part of OWWa’s death benefit that each family wil receive Php100,00.00 benefit incase of death due to natural cause and Php 200,000.00 inn case of death due to accident plus the burial benefit of P20,000 will be received by the legal heirs for the funeral expenses.
Dependents of the deceased OFWs are also entitled to avail the Education and Livelihood Assistance Program (ELAP). ELAP is an Educational assistance for survivors of a deceased OFWs who were active OWWA members at the time of death. (Jazmine Vanessa S. Upao - OWWA Labor Communication Officer)
- 16/02/2017 14:25 - SSS offers BFP personnel additional social insurance
- 09/02/2017 11:45 - Abu Sayyaf casualties in Sulu military operations now at 8
- 08/02/2017 13:56 - Letter to the Editor
- 08/02/2017 13:55 - FERNDALE CROWNED NBTC CHAMP IN SMASHING WIN OVER UZTHS
- 17/03/2015 14:04 - Four hurt in road accident
- 27/02/2015 14:52 - OWWA extends airport assistance
- 25/02/2015 12:04 - Zambo TMS attend Davao training
- 25/02/2015 12:02 - Final screening for Golden Crescent Achievement Awards (leadership category) on February 28
- 13/02/2015 13:43 - KSA-based alumnus donates Archi books to WMSU
- 05/02/2015 12:02 - Special Education