Thursday, 09 February 2017 11:45
Three more members of the Abu Sayyaf group were killed in the pursuit military operations on Capual Island off Omar town in Sulu province Tuesday, bringing the number of slain terrorists to 8, the military here said.
Western Mindanao Command spokesperson Capt. Jo-Ann Petinglay in a statement Wednesday said casualties on the ASG have reached a total of eight as evidenced by the cadavers recovered by troops of the Joint Task Force Sulu.
"Pursuit launched by the Marine troops against the group of Misaya resulted in another round of armed confrontation, increasing the number of enemy casualties to eight," said Petinglay.
She said among those Abu Sayyaf members killed were Karra Kinod, Asbiali Ijiram, Bari Rabah and Hassan Angkong, all of whom have standing warrants of arrest.
Two grenade rifles, 145 rounds of 7.62 live ammunition, 12 rounds of 5.56 live ammunition, six assorted suspenders with magazine pouch, assorted camouflage, and digital uniforms were also recovered by troops during clearing operation in the encounter site.
The Joint Task Force Sulu continues to conduct scouring and pursuit on the evading Abu Sayyaf members. Naval blockade and maritime security patrol off the waters of Capual Island are continuously being conducted.
Major General Carlito Galvez, Jr., Western Mindanao Command chief, said military operations are currently being intensified to contain the Abu Sayyaf Group and facilitate the possible rescue of hostages in the hinterlands of Sulu. Hader Glang
- 20/02/2017 13:33 - Pareja asks military to set-up detachments in Eleven islands
- 18/02/2017 13:09 - Freely Receive, Freely Give
- 17/02/2017 14:17 - Aboitiz, Mindanao electric coops give relief packs to flood victims
- 17/02/2017 14:16 - SSS urges Congress to pass law to expedite flexibility in investments
- 16/02/2017 14:25 - SSS offers BFP personnel additional social insurance
- 08/02/2017 13:56 - Letter to the Editor
- 08/02/2017 13:55 - FERNDALE CROWNED NBTC CHAMP IN SMASHING WIN OVER UZTHS
- 17/03/2015 14:04 - Four hurt in road accident
- 03/03/2015 14:15 - OWWA releases P1.6 million burial benefits to 13 OFW families
- 27/02/2015 14:52 - OWWA extends airport assistance