Monday, 20 February 2017 13:33
Councilor Josephine Pareja yesterday asked the military to set-up military detachments in at least five islets of the Eleven Islands, in this city.
Pareja, who chairs the Committee on Peace and Order in the City Council, disclosed that the setting-up of these military detachments will prevent bandit groups from making these islands their hiding places when they commit crimes.
The councilor explained that the city government is planning to convert the beautiful islands into tourist attractions.
“Marami sanang mga bisita at turista ang gustong pumunta diyan kaso natatakot sila dahil sa mga bandidong ito,” Pareja said.
She also called on the local government to purchase additional sea assets for the police and Task Force Zamboanga for them to protect not only the sealanes in the east coast, but the west coast as well.
Meanwhile, Task Force Zamboanga Commander, Col. Juvy Max Uy has called on barangay officials of Muti and Buenavista to stop cuddling people who are suspects in the massacre of eight fishermen and strafing of a Rural bus.
Uy said witnesses have identified that the armed men who perpetrated the strafing are from Muti.
“These bandits have harassed and victimized civilians and protecting these groups make them part of these crimes,” Uy said.
The Task Force Zamboanga commander vowed to go after these bandits until they are arrested.
As part of the security measure in the protection of passengers, Uy said bus marshals will again be fielded in various buses plying the national highway especially at night.(Nonong Santiago)
- 22/02/2017 12:16 - Dia de Alcalde serves La Paz folks
- 22/02/2017 12:15 - SSS assures release of P1,000 additional benefit
- 22/02/2017 12:15 - WMSU, DOST launch Innovation Center for Metals and Engineering
- 21/02/2017 13:23 - (In support of K-12 Program) Host community high schools receive techvoc equipment from AboitizPower
- 20/02/2017 13:39 - Beng brings deportees issue to DILG, DSWD
- 18/02/2017 13:09 - Freely Receive, Freely Give
- 17/02/2017 14:17 - Aboitiz, Mindanao electric coops give relief packs to flood victims
- 17/02/2017 14:16 - SSS urges Congress to pass law to expedite flexibility in investments
- 16/02/2017 14:25 - SSS offers BFP personnel additional social insurance
- 09/02/2017 11:45 - Abu Sayyaf casualties in Sulu military operations now at 8