(In support of K-12 Program) Host community high schools receive techvoc equipment from AboitizPower
Tuesday, 21 February 2017 13:23
For the 2nd consecutive year, AboitizPower subsidiary Therma South, Inc. (TSI) and Aboitiz Foundation recently turned over another batch of techvoc laboratory equipment to Binugao National High School (BNHS) and Inawayan National High School (INHS).
TSI Vice President and Plant Manager Valentin S. Saludes III led the turnover of several materials and equipment in support of the Bread and Pastry, and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) programs of BNHS, while INHS received donations for its SMAW, Beauty Care and Electrical Installation and Maintenance (EIM) Programs.
“We are very happy to be supporting our host public high schools in their bid to come up with quality laboratories to support their techvoc programs”, Saludes said.
The occasion was witnessed by officials from the host barangay local government units and the Department of Education (DepEd).
“Barangay Inawayan is very fortunate to have a generous and supportive stakeholder in TSI. In several instances, TSI would even volunteer support without the need to be requested by the community.”, said Inawayan Punong Barangay Romulo C. Elula.
Since 2015, TSI has been supporting the K-12 program of its host community high schools by providing various interventions towards the realization of the 5-year development program that was designed jointly with the schools.
In 2016, TSI provided training scholarships to 13 teachers of the 2 schools who were able to acquire their NC2 and TM1 certifications. In the same year, TSI also donated several techvoc fixtures and equipment.
Since 2016, TSI has so far provided over P 1.8-million worth of techvoc laboratory assets to the 2 schools under this program.
- 24/02/2017 14:06 - Mild quake in Zambo del Sur
- 23/02/2017 13:15 - Keeping Pamucutan Smiling
- 22/02/2017 12:16 - Dia de Alcalde serves La Paz folks
- 22/02/2017 12:15 - SSS assures release of P1,000 additional benefit
- 22/02/2017 12:15 - WMSU, DOST launch Innovation Center for Metals and Engineering
- 20/02/2017 13:39 - Beng brings deportees issue to DILG, DSWD
- 20/02/2017 13:33 - Pareja asks military to set-up detachments in Eleven islands
- 18/02/2017 13:09 - Freely Receive, Freely Give
- 17/02/2017 14:17 - Aboitiz, Mindanao electric coops give relief packs to flood victims
- 17/02/2017 14:16 - SSS urges Congress to pass law to expedite flexibility in investments