Friday, 24 February 2017 14:07
Mayor Beng Climaco will lead the ceremony recognizing the 2017 local achievers and winners in the Zamboanga Film Festival (ZFF) as part of the highlights of the 80th Dia de la Ciudad de Zamboanga celebration.
The two events will be held at the Centro Latino at 7pm Friday, Feb. 24.
Nine Zamboanguenos and locally based companies and organizations that brought honor and prestige to Zamboanga City are this year’s Local Achievers. On the other hand, a total of 18 awards will be given out for the ZFF where a total of 30 entries for the live action and animation categories were submitted.
Liza Dinio, Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) Chairperson is expected to joint Mayor Climaco during the ceremonies.
The Local Achievers’ Night and the Zamboanga Film Festival are two of the pre-Dia de Zamboanga activities which will culminate on Sunday, Feb. 26 with a civic-military parade, commemorative program and the inauguration of the newly-constructed Zamboanga City Police headquarters.
Philippine National Police Chief Director General Ronald de la Rosa will be the City’s keynote speaker on Sunday.
Meanwhile, on Saturday, Feb. 25, the City Government in partnership with the Zamboanga Student Council Alliance and San Miguel Brewery Inc. will roll out the Zamboanga Music RunVolution 2017, a dance and fun run activity.
The activity route will be from Jardin Maria Clara to the Ninoy Aquino Site at the Cesar Climaco Freedom Park in Abong-Abong.
February 26 marks the day when the first set of city officials led by appointed Mayor Nicasio Valderosa was installed into office 80 years ago following the signing of the Charter of the City of Zamboanga by then President Manuel L. Quezon on October 12, 1936.
The Commonwealth bill that eventually became an Act creating Zamboanga as Charter City was authored by Assemblyman Juan S. Alano. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 28/02/2017 15:08 - AboitizPower eyes more balanced mix
- 28/02/2017 14:39 - Rabies awareness month kicks of March 1
- 28/02/2017 14:22 - WMSU Photovoltaics research to “light up”Simariki Island
- 25/02/2017 13:18 - PDA-Zambo warns against "Dot-It-Yourself" braces
- 25/02/2017 13:16 - Beng, PNP inspect new police headquarters
- 24/02/2017 14:06 - Businesswoman loses bag to snatchers
- 24/02/2017 14:06 - Mild quake in Zambo del Sur
- 23/02/2017 13:15 - Keeping Pamucutan Smiling
- 22/02/2017 12:16 - Dia de Alcalde serves La Paz folks
- 22/02/2017 12:15 - SSS assures release of P1,000 additional benefit