Saturday, 25 February 2017 13:16
To guarantee quality infrastructure, Mayor Beng Climaco Thursday afternoon led a team of police and city government personnel in conducting an ocular inspection of the new City Police headquarters at the back of City Hall in preparation for its blessing and turnover on Sunday, February 26.
The P29M new police headquarters is considered one of the monumental testaments to the city’s firm support and assistance to the security sector. It will be inaugurated on Sunday highlighting the celebration of the 80th Dia de la Ciudad de Zamboanga with Philippine National Police Chief Director General Ronald de la Rosa as guest of honor.
Mayor Climaco would like to ensure that everything is set for the project’s turnover and that the structure as well as the amenities is within specifications.
The building costs P29 million while the site development and other infrastructures amounting to some P798,545.00. Capital equipment allocated for the new ZCPO building amounts to P22 million with some P8.2 million already delivered.
Mayor Climaco’s commitment to security is unrelenting with allocation for security totalling to over P800 million in a record period of 4 years since 2013.
Once relocated to the new police office building, the present ZCPO headquarters will be occupied by PS11, the biggest police station with jurisdiction over the entire city proper area.
On Friday, February 25, the mayor also turned over to the police, the P5.6 million police station building in Vitali.
The security of the people is our priority, the mayor declared. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 02/03/2017 12:03 - More Aboitiz plants pass safety, environmental audits
- 28/02/2017 15:08 - AboitizPower eyes more balanced mix
- 28/02/2017 14:39 - Rabies awareness month kicks of March 1
- 28/02/2017 14:22 - WMSU Photovoltaics research to “light up”Simariki Island
- 25/02/2017 13:18 - PDA-Zambo warns against "Dot-It-Yourself" braces
- 24/02/2017 14:07 - City fetes 2017 local achievers, ZFF winners tonight
- 24/02/2017 14:06 - Businesswoman loses bag to snatchers
- 24/02/2017 14:06 - Mild quake in Zambo del Sur
- 23/02/2017 13:15 - Keeping Pamucutan Smiling
- 22/02/2017 12:16 - Dia de Alcalde serves La Paz folks