Saturday, 25 February 2017 13:18
The Philippine Dental Association-Zamboanga City Chapter is engrossed in a crusade against illegal practising of the "Do-It-Yourself" braces.
Currently, DIY brackets are rampant in all corners of the country. Zamboanga City is unfortunately penetrated with the undesirable and horrible business. These are installed by unlicensed, untrained and non- professionals (dental laboratory technicians, students, side-walk vendors and the likes).
Complications are the aftermath of having fixed with this. It gains more harm than good to the teeth including the surrounding tissues and a huge percentage of inclination to affliction of life threatening diseases are incurred since there were documented cases of death attributed to this.
A desired smile is not achieved in the hands of Illegal Practitioners since they are theoretically have a nil literacy about the Science of Dentistry. The general welfare of the patients is not in the scope of their objective, theirs is the general concern of their pockets.
A plunging charge which enormously differs from the licensed dentists attracted the preys to be handled by the predators. Their future smiles are victimized and drag their unwanted consequential problems back to the legal dental practitioners that eventually ends up to twofold increase in spending.
Being cognizant to the issue will keep everyone in the right track. Braces are not whimsical and for a high profile status. These are treatments to the problem of misaligned dentition.
It is a BIG NO to entrust your teeth to illegals or you may worsen the smile which you heavenly wish to chalk up. Don't invest your smiles to these outlawed practitioners or you will never achieve the return of investment.
"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you."
Dentists don't just deliver dentistry, dentists are here to share values and integrity and change lives. (By DR. ANNABELLE FLORES-BAYOT)
- 02/03/2017 12:04 - Beng backs BIR tax efforts
- 02/03/2017 12:03 - More Aboitiz plants pass safety, environmental audits
- 28/02/2017 15:08 - AboitizPower eyes more balanced mix
- 28/02/2017 14:39 - Rabies awareness month kicks of March 1
- 28/02/2017 14:22 - WMSU Photovoltaics research to “light up”Simariki Island
- 25/02/2017 13:16 - Beng, PNP inspect new police headquarters
- 24/02/2017 14:07 - City fetes 2017 local achievers, ZFF winners tonight
- 24/02/2017 14:06 - Businesswoman loses bag to snatchers
- 24/02/2017 14:06 - Mild quake in Zambo del Sur
- 23/02/2017 13:15 - Keeping Pamucutan Smiling