Tuesday, 28 February 2017 15:08
Aboitiz Power (AP) Corp. continues to push its balanced mix strategy into 2017 with several projects due for completion this year.
AP President and COO Antonio Moraza said the company is set to complete several projects this year including coal and hydro plants, underlining the company’s strategy to have a wide and diverse portfolio of generating assets to help answer the country’s need for power.
“That has always been part of strategy – to tap renewable energy as long as it is available and cost-effective for the consumers, but at the same time utilize the reliability of thermal power plants,” Moraza said.
“We support the government’s efforts to bring in more supply from different technologies. At the end of the day this will encourage more options and competition for the lowest price and better service. The end consumers will be the winners,” Moraza said.
Among the AboitizPower projects due for completion in 2017 are the 69-MW Manolo Fortich hydro power plant in Bukidnon, and the 8.5-MW Maris Canal hydro project in Isabela through its subsidiary SN AboitizPower.
The company is also in the process of completing, together with its partners, the 340-MW Therma Visayas baseload power plant in Toledo, Cebu and the 400-MW Pagbilao power plant expansion. The company is also in the process of commissioning the 8.8-MW biomass power plant in Lian, Batangas.
AboitizPower has one of the widest portfolio of energy sources in the country. It has a significant array of renewable power plants – geothermal, large hydro, run-of-river hydro and solar power plants.
The company also operates a number of coal power plants for baseload capacity and oil-fired power plants for reliable peaking supply.
The company is also pursuing projects in coal, geothermal and biomass to meet its target of achieving 4,000-MW net sellable capacity by 2020.
In 2016, AboitizPower inaugurated its 300-MW Therma South coal power plant in Davao as well as its 59-MWp San Carlos Sun Power solar plant in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental.
- 02/03/2017 12:05 - CAFGU detachment set-up in Sta. Catalina
- 02/03/2017 12:05 - Motorcycle thief arrested
- 02/03/2017 12:04 - Two persons robbed at gunpoint in Pasonanca
- 02/03/2017 12:04 - Beng backs BIR tax efforts
- 02/03/2017 12:03 - More Aboitiz plants pass safety, environmental audits
- 28/02/2017 14:39 - Rabies awareness month kicks of March 1
- 28/02/2017 14:22 - WMSU Photovoltaics research to “light up”Simariki Island
- 25/02/2017 13:18 - PDA-Zambo warns against "Dot-It-Yourself" braces
- 25/02/2017 13:16 - Beng, PNP inspect new police headquarters
- 24/02/2017 14:07 - City fetes 2017 local achievers, ZFF winners tonight